Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a pair of aero skirts should fit my 91 9k right ? im thinking about getting a pair of black skirts. . i dont know how well they would look with the stock bumpers. . probably a little better than the early stock plastic skirts .. is there any modifications involved and would anyone have a picture of these on an older gen 9k .

·
Registered
656 Posts
a pair of aero skirts should fit my 91 9k right ? im thinking about getting a pair of black skirts. . i dont know how well they would look with the stock bumpers. . probably a little better than the early stock plastic skirts .. is there any modifications involved and would anyone have a picture of these on an older gen 9k .
I changed the skirts on my 92 to aero skirts. You will also need to switch the rubber stripping along the bottoms of the doors, I found the stock stripping was too big and the doors would not close properly once I installed the aero skirt. IIRC it was fairly easy to change both the stripping and the skirts, but I do remember breaking a few clips in the process.

But other than that I had no problems with fitment at all. As far as pics go, they're around, I know I'm not the only one that's done this, but I just looked and I don't have any shots of my car that really show the skirts well.

Edit: found this pic from 24 Hours of Lemons 2009, still not great, but you can see the skirts.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
There are lots of aeros being parted out seemingly everywhere, shouldn't be hard to find a set of skirts.

This is probably the single best thing you can do to improve the look of any 9000, maybe next to upgrading to Aero/Super Aero wheels. It just makes the whole side of the car look lower, and "finished". The stock skirts dip in way too far at the B pillar and almost disappear under the car.

I had them on my 92 before I added the Carlsson/Airflow kit.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hmm what condition are they in. . can you attach some pics for me ? and how much to ship them up to NH ?

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
i have a set down on cape that i'll let go but you'll have to meet me half way.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
so your saying you can cut the door jamb rubbers to fit the skirts ? the weatherstripping on the doors themselves..? id much rather do that than replace them since mine are in good shape..how much did you cut off ?

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
so your saying you can cut the door jamb rubbers to fit the skirts ? the weatherstripping on the doors themselves..? id much rather do that than replace them since mine are in good shape..how much did you cut off ?
Next time you open the door - look at the seal from the inside - you will see a edge or seam like line. Just cut along that. I want to say it was about 1/2 of the seal almost. I first trimmed it - went to close, observed, trimmed more - and then realized the line was a good referance point. All you need is a nice fresh razor blade too. Be careful!

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
excellent so pretty much cut where it starts to bend under the door itself. that's about half of it. . i do see it hangs down a bit. . this wont allow water and debris to be kicked up under the door and in between the skirt and door itself will it ?

it will still get a proper seal ?

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
excellent so pretty much cut where it starts to bend under the door itself. that's about half of it. . i do see it hangs down a bit. . this wont allow water and debris to be kicked up under the door and in between the skirt and door itself will it ?

it will still get a proper seal ?
Seems so anyways - I don't drive it EVERYDAY - and it sat all winter and the floors were dry. It still makes a TIGHT seal if you do it right, tighter then the OEM seal with the skirts.

I'll take a picture this weekend of mine when the sun comes back out.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.