Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a slight collision with a snow mound a couple weeks ago, and it left my aero's chin hurtin' a little bit. I was wondering the easiest and cheapest method of fixing and/or replacing which I am going to try to do in the spring/summer. So far from what I have seen a direct replacement will run me $200+ but it is a simple and pre-painted procedure. Id prefer to save and Im more of a DIY guy, so I was considering sanding and painting the spoiler myself. Anyone have experience doing this? Since I have repaired small chips, but never anything of this size. And yes, I will post pics when I have a chance!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm keeping my eye on this one. Haven't had the need for a new one yet but mine is getting chipped/dinged up and before long I am sure to be in the same boat. After last nights snow storm I played snowplow for the drive to work this morning. It seems like only a matter of time before I find it cracked or torn off.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Well, I finally managed to find some 9-3 Aero front spoilers on ebay, the only problem is they are in the UK and I'm worried the shipping would be most costly then just having to get one locally and install it. I'm only posting this because I have been looking forever to find a front spoiler for the 9-3 aero for a while, so I thought I'd wonder if this is worth going for. I've never bought things from other countries, so I'm kind of thinking it would better do order one from a dealer, paint it my self, and install it.

GENUINE SAAB 9-3 AERO 03-07 FRONT SPOILER, NEW 12759772 | eBay

Another thing I wonder is if this includes the necessary mounting hardware to install it properly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts