Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I put some sweet new wheels on my 9-5 and sometimes the rear tires rub. I screwed up and bought 245/40-18 instead of 225/40-18. But anyway they only rub when there are 4 people in the car and I go over bumps or dips fast. not big bumps real fast or something stupid like that. I have the eibach springs installed and I was planning on getting Koni's someday. So if I had Koni's I could set them up a bit stiffer and then the tires would rub less because it would take more force to compress the springs right? So it would have to be a bigger bump or dip. I know the Koni's won't effect ride height... Or if anyone has another idea short of new tires... By the way the tires rub on the fenders not the suspension.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Using shocks to control body movement that much is going to leave your car waaaaaaay over damped. It won't be fun to ride in and performance will suck.

Try to find out exactly what it's rubbing on. On many car bodies, there's a seam lip right inside the fender, or a plastic liner. In most cases, a bit of creativity can remove some material from one or the other and stop the rubbing.

In the end though you should probaby just get the right size tires. What width are the wheels? The difference in width and height between 245/40 and 225/40 is quite significant.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Agreed....not only are the tires too wide, the sidewalls are too tall which makes overall wheel and tire diameter too large. Switch to the 225/40 18 in the rear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts