Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
youve proably seen my posts about my trouble with my downpipe i just bought! after talking with nick from genuine saab ive decided to add a cat into my mid pipe since that is the only place it will fit. If i have no problem with a check engine light going off right now with running no cat is there any use in me moving a o2 sensor to be behind the cat. Couldnt i just keep them were they are and have the cat kinda serve as a resognator? please if anyone knows let me no asap .... Nick

·
10,303 Posts
Doesn't make much sense to spend money on a cat if its not going to doing its duty on the 02 sensor.

Try Random Technologies for a cat that will fit. They serve the HiPo Buick world.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
yes if your not even going to move the sensor dont bother getting a cat...

how long have you have the DP installed?...

the CEL should be comming on any day now...mine took a wile..

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Tanner, yea if your not getting an CEL (you should be getting one if you have a 96-98) you can add a cat behind the last o2 in order to quiet everything down.

Of course just incase the CEL does decide to come on later(mine came on after a day or so), I'd put it before the second o2 sensor. there's plenty of space.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cat

i dont no what to do now many people told me that if you add the second o2 sensor the cel light will not go on. There doesnt seem to be any space to add a cat were the stock one was... Nick T from genuine said you have to put on the midpipe... If i put it there and put the second o2 sensor behind it i will have to somehow extend the o2 sensor cord which is proably a pain in the ass. I should have never bought it :( any advice is appreciated

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Okay. First things first.

What year is your saab...did it come with one o2 sensor or two?

If your car came with ONE o2 sensor, you WON'T get a CEL light, and you can add a cat ANYWHERE before the muffler (or leave it catless if you'd like).

If your car came with TWO o2 sensors, you WILL get a CEL light if your running catless. To solve this you need to install a cat BEFORE the second o2 sensor. This may call for some modification depending on how long the cat is.

Thats it...thats all.

·
Registered
140 Posts
ya i think thats the same situation i'm looking at

·
Registered
251 Posts
well i think the exhuast gasses still need to be really hot for the cats to work so i dont think the cats will work as well on the midpipe but i think it will still prevent the check engine light from coming on as long as you put the 02 sensor after the cat. If you place the cat far enough back it probably wont do as much and might set off the cel if u plan to put it far back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts