Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Took apart pass. side of blower, found that this part:

was 'stuck' should I be able to operate this by hand? (it appears to be seized)

All other hinges, slides, rods, etc worked and were unbroken - including the flapper arms once the motor was out of the way I could turn everything by hand back and forth.

Is my diagnoses correct? For 180$ I'd hate to by it when unsure!

For meantime I moved the flap open so I am getting defrost warm on both sides now.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Try leaving it plugged in and calibrate the ACC see if it moves.

You can have teh ACC checked with Tech II ( I am in the middle of this repair as well. ) to make sure you are dealing wtih teh right thing before you spend that kind of coin ( but it may add $$ for the check by the mechanic

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Try leaving it plugged in and calibrate the ACC see if it moves.

You can have teh ACC checked with Tech II ( I am in the middle of this repair as well. ) to make sure you are dealing wtih teh right thing before you spend that kind of coin ( but it may add $$ for the check by the mechanic
So I grabbed a RH side flap motor from the wreckers and swapped it in, lots of nice lub on all the plastic gears seems to have protected them.

It also looks like previous owner was in there, missing screws and not tight screws.

Problem is... still no heat strength! Car will produce tons of cold a/c but when cycled to warm on passnger side (manually or by motor) very little heat.

However.. if turning fan off and let sit for 5 min, then turning on... brief blast of heat.

The lines going into the heater core are very hot to touch...burned self.

ideas???

Take apart drive side?

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Still have an 11?

When you move the gears by hand, does it feel like there is movement insde the box? ( can you manually change temps/airflow with the motor removed?)

My dealer just did an entire box 1600 for someone because it was not servicable, something inside the box went...

I would check the driver's side but did you watch for what happens when you turn on the system on the passengers side when you said you get the blast of hot air? Sounds like the mixer is overshooting the point where the stepper should stop...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Still have an 11?

When you move the gears by hand, does it feel like there is movement insde the box? ( can you manually change temps/airflow with the motor removed?)

My dealer just did an entire box 1600 for someone because it was not servicable, something inside the box went...

I would check the driver's side but did you watch for what happens when you turn on the system on the passengers side when you said you get the blast of hot air? Sounds like the mixer is overshooting the point where the stepper should stop...
Code 11 gone after replacing motor.
Can move all gears by hand, and it is moving internal pieces for sure.
The heat flapper on passng side moves fully, but air temp only changes from
Freezing cold------luke warm

Hot air thru vent is if I turn system off, wait 10 minutes (fixing parts) turned back on and hot air for 15 seconds.... as if it has accumulated.

I'm stumped.. heater core is hot.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Took out the cabin filter, and some previously broken plastic pieces came out, volume of air is great, but cold or cool.

Facts:
Pipes into cabin are HOT.
no hot air getting air blower.

Wis explains:
Upper stepper motor psg side controls air position defrost-panel
Lower stepper motor controls heat

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yep most often that starts all the problems, get the aluminum replacemetn form eEurpparts and you should be golden
While doing this I pressed Auto+Def and this cancelled any user preset hvac settings, this gave me heat back on the psg side.

I'm attempting to fix the blend door rod with some expoxy, we'll see if it holds.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts