Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on a 1999 9-5 2.3l. i parked on a decent sized hill and pulled my ebrake. it was cold out (10f-17f) and i was afraid the ebrake would lock up on me, and well it did. so i had to drive about a block with the ebrake locked up a lil before they finally released. when i had first started out with the ebrakes locked up somewhat, i had gotten about 20 feet and my abs light, warning triangle and brake light came on. and now my abs doesnt work. how do i get rid of the lights and bring my abs back to normal? simply disconnect the bat for a while? or do i have to make a trip to the stealership?

·
Registered
5,988 Posts
With t5 I think just disconnecting the battery will do it, so I would definitely try that first.

·
7,595 Posts
yep, same on T7 cars. Also, typically an event like a wheel lock-up would turn the light on, but when conditions returned to normal it should have gone out. Try disconnecting the battery and see if it goes out, if not, the light coming on and staying on was unrelated to your problem with the wheel lock-up.

My 99 9-5 has been having this same problem with freezing temps. Don't apply your parking brake when it is below 32 out.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
prob solved, after disconnecting the bat and then driving it 20ft the lights went off

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same problem, please help?

I did basically the exact same thing, only drove about 5 feet before I was able to disengage my ebrake. All 3 lights came on. If my brake fluid is normal, is this a non problem? Is there any need to disconnect the battery other than getting the lights to go away or am I fine just ignoring the lights for a while?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts