Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here is a BS thing!!! Talked to the dealer today about setting the headlights so I can turn them off on my 9-3 (the european option) and I was told they had to research the legality of it first so I said no problem. I got a call back this afternoon only tobe told that it is against the law to disable the daytime running lights of a car made after 1998 in the state of California so they cannot do this for me!! No I have 2 choices to do here.

1. Install a toggle switch to cut power to the light circuit which would probably cause a CEL.

2. Pay the service tech to do it off the books (if I can find a service tech who can be bought!)

Damn california laws!!

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
Can you just take out the fuse for the lights? That way the only way they will turn on is if you manually turn the knob on your dash. That is what i did to my 99 9-3.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
yeah soccerplayer beat me to it..i took out my daytime light fuse....no fuss from the dealer even when i bring it in for check ups....

·
Registered
222 Posts
Yea, Im not really sure what is going on there. I have Eurodezign bulbs and the left one is starting to go, not that I really care because they are less than impressive. I guess $10 bulbs should only last a couple of months anyways, piece of shit lifetime gaurantee. Thats really what got me, Im a sucker I guess.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I had those same bulbs before, they were the most blue ones I have ever found. But the low-beam fittiment burned out of them in about two months. Wasn't going to replace them every month. Even though they have lifetime replacement, you have to pay to ship the burnt ones back, and then pay for them to ship the new ones by sending a check for $5. something

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
eurodezigns?

WASTE OF MONEY.

RCM, if you want blue, I am pretty sure PIAA makes some insanely blue bulbs.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
why do you want blue...it makes it harder to see at night.....the fuse cover should tell you where the daytime lights fuse is....then pull it

·
Registered
222 Posts
I was under the impression they were a bright white with a blue tint which to me sounded like the new Acura TL lights which I think look bad ass. Either way they suck. I looked at the fuse box and as I said earlier there is no fuse where the daytime running lights are but there still on. It doesnt make sense to me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts