Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I'm the only Australian on this board so far, but I will post this anyway.

Swedish Pestige (www.swedishprestige.com.au) in Melbourne have been apponted the Australian agent of Abbott Racing. Fat lot of good it does me though as I live on the other side of the country :(

·
Registered
49 Posts
Cheaper than shipping the car to Essex though :shock: :wink: :D

Size of Aus thoug - I suppose it's like me driving from the UK to Moscow. (Or somewhere really far as I don't really know how many miles it is across Aus :oops: )

·
Registered
1981 8v c900 sedan, 1990 2.0 9k carlsson, 1992 21 c900 sedan
1,029 Posts
Saba said:
I think I'm the only Australian on this board so far, but I will post this anyway.

Swedish Pestige (www.swedishprestige.com.au) in Melbourne have been apponted the Australian agent of Abbott Racing. Fat lot of good it does me though as I live on the other side of the country :(
I'm in Sydney and have recently joined Saablink! I'm aware that Swedish Prestige has been appointed the .au dealership for Abbot Racing but haven't fully explored what Abbot has that can be used with my C900's. :cool: Since my cars have 8V non-turbo engines, not much probably but there's still plenty of things I can fiddle with. lol

I wonder if any Australian Saab dealership or repair/performance dealership is an agent for Group9? I'm guessing there isn't one, given the small size of the Saab market in Australia compared to the US and European markets... sigh

Craig.

·
Registered
352 Posts
i don't think group9 has a retailer in australia, they are a retailer themselves so they bring in parts from other companies

Saba, this will apply to you, Maptun has a distributor
Sammuel MotorSport

7 Daly Street, Deakin, ACT 2600
Australia

Attn: Tony Lee

Phone: +61 (0) 2 6273 2264
Mobile: +61 (0)412 350 224

Email: [email protected]

unfortunately c900, maptun does not focus on c900 stuff
gl with finding performance parts in au

·
Registered
1981 8v c900 sedan, 1990 2.0 9k carlsson, 1992 21 c900 sedan
1,029 Posts
saabvos said:
unfortunately c900, maptun does not focus on c900 stuff
gl with finding performance parts in au
Yes I'm aware of that. I know that by getting int o C900's I'm quite a bit behind the 8-ball so to speak, but anyone who knows of my IT interests understands that stuff which is old and good should be looked after. I'm a Sun Microsystems hardware person and love older Sun hardware (after all I built a small commercial business on it!), and my liking for C900's seems to be following the same path (though I'm not likely to try a commercial aspect unless it was with an already-established Australian Saab dealer/agent/repairer). We all know what has happened with Saabnet in terms of that sites dependence on sucking in new visitors to support the site's paying commercial 'sponsors', banning people from using parts of the site, etc... :cool:

However, like I did with my SunShack website for Sun owners/enthusiasts, I am trying to do the same thing for C900 owners/enthusiasts with my C900 Workshop website... In particular because here in Australia, there is no support for Saab people outside of SCCA, unlike the US and Europe which have well-established Saab enthusiast websites (just like this one!) that aren't part of the regional Saab owners clubs.

This is also the reason why I've set up a few webrings and mailing lists.

Regards,

Craig.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts