Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wondering if the Abbott Exhaust system is a full 3 inch or 2.5 the whole way?

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
I believe 2.5"

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Blaque_Out. I’m going to stick with the JT instead then. I like the 3” exhaust system just wanted it stainless steel because it sounds a little louder.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I know that, but if the 3" was stainless then it would be even louder. That’s what I wanted 3" stainless. Anybody know ere I can get it for ng900?

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
I can't see a reason why there would be a sound difference between aluminized steel (JT) and stainless steel. The materials are about the same gauge and designed the same way.....

·
10,303 Posts
The reason why Abbotts downpipe is 2.5 is that it will work with the sub-fram brace they sell. Subsequently if you want a Sub Frame Brace, it will not work with a 3inch dp. But not to worry, its still possibly to tighten these cars up well without.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Tweek's Turbos said:
Subsequently if you want a Sub Frame Brace, it will not work with a 3inch dp.
Not true, I have the Abbott SFB and use a 3" ss downpipe. All i needed was a 1/4" spacer/washer on the bolt to give the necessary clearance.

·
Registered
251 Posts
you can have a local exhaust shop fabricate a stainless system for a good price i bet. I had a local shop that specialized in exhaust fabrication do my brothers grand cherokee for about 325 + tax. It wasnt stainless but im sure it couldnt be that much more. probably would be a 100 more max, and remember thats installed. I am not sure if it was 2.5 or 3 also :? . hopefully 3, but they do a great job and you pick the mufflers so its as loud or as quiet as you want it to be, and very clean. Im sure it might be a little more restrictive than abbots or something but then again ur not spending twice as much and your not waiting months for it to come.....then get it installed, it takes 1 afternoon for it to get installed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Wow. Had I joined the Link last week I would have been right in on this post.
The story goes last week I won on Ebay UK the Abbott SS 'No CAT' sport downpipe for the glorious price of £23.00 whats that in strange money $40?
Plus the guy lived in my neck of the woods over here I jumped into the 900 and picked it up. I think the guy was devestated it cost him a fortune nearly £300 and only 6 months ago. It was up on a 9 day auction but nobody seemed to spot it.
I nearly left him with extra cash I really felt liked i'd cheated him :roll:

I shall fit it after my next MOT (in a couple of weeks) with luck the car will pass I do have a feeling 3 tyres will be needed :shock:
So once the emisions are passed ect i'll bolt it on. Do you lot reckon it will give more ooompp or better midrange ect.

Dead

1 - 10 of 10 Posts