Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok here is the idea: pull the engine, tranny, drive train, stering and suspension from a c900 and replace all the aformentioned things with the parts from a9000 aero which we all know are capable of high 300's in terms of hp and tq :twisted: . i checked the wheelbase size and for a c900 it is 99.1in for a aero it is 105in part of that difference is prob. cause of wheels being wider on a aero. but i dont know if the engin would fit between the wheel wells. would this work can anyone give me any ideas, info or tell me i retarded :p
-francis

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
it's a really neat idea - but it would require LOTS of modifications - like - the transmission mounts - motor mounts - gear shift fork placement - harness - basic ally a whole new car you are building from the ground up. It can be done I'm sure - but it all depends on how much time and money you have and want to spend....

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
oh - I guess I'll mention this too - after DeLorean and I each have our crazy ass SPG"s both rebuilt and "done" - I suggest that he and I pick up a cheap c900 or 9000 even and just GUT it and make a SCCA car/Dirt Track car outta it. Full Rollcage - open header/downpipe - nothing but RAW power. Either a Turbo or a n/a - but I'd much rather a Turbo being we can get a Turbo moving much faster cheaper then a n/a 8) And we have all the parts we'd need. We'll pick up steeies from a junk yard and so on.... but that's MY idea for a crazy c900 - it's been done yes, but not by myself or DeLorean. :twisted: :lol:

·
7,595 Posts
installing a full 9000 drive system into a C-900? well good luck with that... it would probably be easier just to drop an entire C-900 body onto a mustang frame and suspension and have a "saabstang" which by the way has been done...

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
is there really a noticeable difference in suspension? the 900 axels wouldnt fit into the 9000 tranny would they.
if this project was possible the 0-60 would be in the low 6's

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
yeah HUGE difference, the c900s had a full on double wishbone suspension, wich was light years ahead of their time back in the 80's, for some reason the 9k has the more common (read cheaper and crappier) MacPhearson strut suspension. The c900's handle a whole lot better with than the 9ks right outta the box.

Paul

1 - 8 of 8 Posts