Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah so someone side swipped the 9-5 in a parking lot today. It was a nice surprise to come out to. No one was around so I didn't even call the police. Pics will be posted soon. So far it looks like all I need is a new bumper a headlight and a fender. Everything else is good.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay here are those pics I promised. As you can tell I need a new bumper, fender, haedlights. The bumper is split hardcore and offset on the opposite side. Luckly though this gives me an excuse to get an unscrapped bumper and that "aerodynamic" strip that goes on the bottom.
[/img]

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
That sucks man, someone hit your car and isn't responsable enough to fess up to it. Hope it your insurance co. will make due and cover it, but hey Smile :) at least its not headed to that junkyard in the sky :)

·
7,595 Posts
that sucks, but it's fixable. probably about $2000 though... I have had my pontiac hit in the temple "lots" so often it's not even funny :lol: that car has very large bumpers and can sluff it off :lol:

at lease he didn't get your hood too!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The estimate was for 2229.32 bucks. If the bastard would have not destroyed my headlight and park light it would be around 1650.

·
7,595 Posts
a pair of clear corners are probably about = in price to 1 OEM saab corner light. might be something to look into.

and yeah- E-codes too!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What is e codes?

·
Registered
299 Posts
BurnsSide42 said:
adidas_007 said:
at least its not headed to that junkyard in the sky :)
they have junk yards in the sky too?? Why haven't I seen these yet - :roll: :shock: :lol:
yeah man i saw them. those mushroomes we found make me feel real funny :lol:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Man it's a shame what happened. :( hope you get your beauty fixed up real soon.

someone sideswiped my rear bumper on the side, but i have a classic 900, so you better believe it the damage was contained to a few scratches :mrgreen: but i was still pissed because my bumpers were perfectly pristine ... and it's an '87 :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Fucking bastards!! :evil:

If it's any help, i'll have a look round a few scrap yards over here for the light and see if I can find anything cheap but servicable for you and see what it'd cost to post over to you? With exchange rates and dumb british scrap yard owners might be able to get you a decent replacement?

Don't know if it's any help but I know how you feel after my 9-5 got fucked over. Don't think I came down from orbit for a few hours after I discovered the damage!!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Failing that, if you want to have a go at fixing the damage yourself you're more than welcome to my haynes manual if you haven't got one? Bastard's that do that shouldn't be on the road!

Sorry, I deeply despise anyone who would damage someone else's car without at least having the balls to stick around and apologise... And let you bray the crap put of them!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
COnsidering I need a whole new bumper and that little strip along the bottom of the bumper those two alone cost a good 600+ dollars to paint and fix. At this point I am really considering just purchasing a more aggressive front bumper and have it custom fitted. ANy suggestions on what bumpers would be easiest to modify onto a saab?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts