Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
awwww....nice!!! Totally makes me want my old car back....see that now you got me goin down memory lane lol well good luck with the new addition theyre a great looking saab

·
7,595 Posts
Looks very nice! I think it could use some rims though. I was never much of a fan of the "sunburst" style rims, always thought they looked kind of.... standard. got any more pics? I drove a 900-vert a little while back, and it was not nearly as... flimsy? feeling as I thought it would be, even in VERY sharp turns. how do you think it handles compared to the 3-door?

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i agree totally on the sunburst rims i hate em, but i think for now thats gonna be it, its got fresh pirellis on there so were not gonna mess with it.

as for handling, i agree totally, its hard to feel a difference at all. and if you look at the rocker panels on one of the verts youll know why, they are seriously reinforced.

Paul

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
wow - there are FIVE Saab's alone in that second photo! Looks like 2 parts c900 on the back left? and a nice 9000 behind the first two c900's. YOu should group all your cars into one big ol' Family shot :p 8) Very nice addition tho - those are beggining to pop up in junks more and more now as sad as that is.
Question:
Do the converts. have the same size door as a normal 3-door c900? I am interested in getting a set of the leather topped and padded door pannels for my SPG - any color, then I'd match the interior to those if I got a pair. There's a tan pair sitting in a local yard in decent shape, but the pockets are beat (are those fixable from another pannel?)

·
Registered
79 Posts
I think the door panel is same, door isin't, but converts have differnet lock poper pin, its flat and as wide as your thumb unlike 3 door standard screw on ones. Yesterday I was working on this womens 88 turbo convert that I work on, its got factory recondition box, soooo sweat.( How many times I,ve pondered to swap it with one of mine :roll: I easily forget how slow a stock turbo is, but do handle good. There weakest when the doors are open, they tie car together.

Go Safe, Go Swift, Go Saab

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes there are 5 saabs in my driveway :oops: . but the 2 in the background are leaving soon, just need to dissasmeble them for parts, one is an 89 vert that got hit by a crown vic and the other is my old faithful but rusty 84 8 valve. the 9000 is my moms car and the other c900 is mine.

and originalscion is right, the doorpanels are the same size, but they have different lock buttons, the ones on the verts are the same as the 9000's.

Paul

1 - 8 of 8 Posts