Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really don't see the humor in filling the filler hose with gas such that when the next person goes to fill their tank, they spill gasoline all over the place.

Happened to me tonight with the Commem -- all over my leg, my sandles and otherwise bare feet, and the side of the rear quarter-panel of the Commemorative.

I took the sandles off, but the gas smell I'm sure is in the new carpet I'd installed when I restored the car due to my feet getting soaked...

Took a shower when I got home.

Pissed off.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Huh. That sounds terrible and maybe I'm naive, but do people really consciously do that?

I once had a gas hose kick out of a rental Nissan in Nashville, just near Opryland, and douse me (screaming of course) with a bit of gas. That was largely unpleasant and stinky, too. Blech.

No good.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They do. Usually kids. Huge laugh.

Rather dangerous for a practical joke IMHO.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Weird. They're basically wasting gas, paying for stuff that isn't going in the tank but all over other people?

I mean, I grew up when gas was, urm, cheaper...even then, that would have been the biggest waste in my mind.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep. Doesn't take much. Less than a glassful. Goes all over the place. And with the rather low position of the gas cap on a classic 900, there's almost no way to avoid spilling.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I am always very leery/careful about this especailly my shoes ( some of the ones I have are worth more than my 87900T. I stand back and very slowly pull the handle out. its jsut a reflex now

I sometimes think that its just idiots who top off thier tank way too much, never really thoguth about kids

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
I've never heard of or seen this here in the dirty almost-souf.
Nor have I.

What I have seen is when people put the little latch for the filler "trigger" or whatever in the fill position, so as soon as the pump is activated gas will begin to flow. I think a lot of states outlaw those little flippy latch deals for that type of reason.

Pre-filling the spout is new to me!

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
:lol: That's prissy. I always find it funny when men have more than 3 pairs of shoes. If I see 5+ pairs, I will snap off a "Dude, you have more shoes than most ladys!"
Hey, when you have to wear a suit for work, you have multiple pairs of shoes:

running shoes
Teva sandles
dress shoes
winter boots/shoes

Nothing to do with fashion, just practicality. :)

Nor have I.

What I have seen is when people put the little latch for the filler "trigger" or whatever in the fill position, so as soon as the pump is activated gas will begin to flow. I think a lot of states outlaw those little flippy latch deals for that type of reason.

Pre-filling the spout is new to me!
Yeah, it happens occasionally. Buddy of mine told me to watch out for it. Just missed it this time.

Jim> Must have been that "Gas" Station in Manassas! :) Lol

Hi to ya buddy!

sab
You've seen the movie "Cars" yet? "Flo's got gas! Lots of gas!"

Hi back atcha, mate!

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Dude, you live in Louisville, I'm in Cincinnasty. To anyone south of E-Town, we're northerners. :lol:

But, yeah, the fuel thing sucks. I'm very careful when I'm filling up my 9-3. Before and after. I just paid $2.67 for a gallon of premium. ALL of that gas is going in my tank!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.