Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been meaning to make a post to get an opinion on some of my recent mods so here it is. What do you think?

Speedparts 2.5 V6 intake

New exhaust and tip (don't know the details)

Auto Meter Ultra-Lite 4391(didn't use the cigarette liter any way :wink: )

And I repainted my front and rear calipers, with a brush on kit this time

I will try to post some more pictures on my site when I get a chance

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rcmdesign said:
They suck....2.3L N/A would woop... :D
Don't knock it until you try it :p ! Although, my old 9000 (RIP) had a 2.3 with a 5 speed and it was a lot of fun! Despite the fact that my 900 has a auto, I still feel that this engine is a lot more potent.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Timing belt

Very well actually Saab will replace the belt for free for you at regular milage intervals. I got mine done at 90K and I think they will do it again at 110K.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
I think that engine has a huge amount of potential. I actually want to do a custom twin turbo setup using that engine, once i get a donor. I think it would be interesting.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
That would be very intresting, but considering how everybody says that the V6 on saabs arnt very good, you would be spending a lot of money getting the engine ready to be able to handle about 600hp. That is easly reachable with any V6.

But i don't think it has been done, so there is someing to go on.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Re: Timing belt

V6POWER said:
Very well actually Saab will replace the belt for free for you at regular milage intervals. I got mine done at 90K and I think they will do it again at 110K.
Glad to hear you haven't had any problems. Check that mileage figure, though. Saab changes the belts for free every 30K but I think the program ends at 120K. They also should be changing the idler pulley, which is what usually jams up and zaps the belt, screwing up the timing and ultimately, the valve train and pistons.

Ced, the V6 has potential but not for a durable engine for a dail driver. It might be a nice dyno or strip queen but I wouldn't rely on a modded V6 to get groceries very often.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
As fara s I know - the only flaws in those V6 motors (old Opel engine) is the timing - if you can keep that belt in check with all the tensioners - you should have no more problems then any other engine you'd drive. HOWEVER - any motor you take that was built with the intent of "X" amount of HP and you put more then the original intent outta it - you will create and find more weakness's. I'd suggest you devise a way to convert that thing to a damn chain if you wanna run a twin turbo setup. Perhaps 2 lpt units would surfice and keep things to a minimal wear factor - don't go crazy with those. I have a lead on a GN engine and trans (with turbo) in running shape in a Regal btw incase anyone is interested in a fun toy - I may go check it out. I have a lead on an ALL TURBO car junk yard - cheap shit too. Somewhere in New Jersey. I am working on directions now. :p It'll become MY little secret once I locate this unicorn. :twisted:

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
BurnsSide42 said:
I have a lead on an ALL TURBO car junk yard - cheap shit too. Somewhere in New Jersey. I am working on directions now. :p It'll become MY little secret once I locate this unicorn. :twisted:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

you better let me come with...i'll wear a blindfold :lol: :lol: .

Paul

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
BurnsSide42 said:
DeLorean said:
oh please... :roll:

an "all turbo junk yard" maybe next you'll find a hens teeth farm?
what the hell is that even supposed to mean??
hahahahaha :lol: ...i was thinking the exact same thing when i read your post DeLorean..haha....no offence!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts