Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So later today I will be doing a few things to my Saab.

I'm not really feelin the wood grain trim inside so i plan to wrap them with matte white vinyl. (wont chip/fade, easier to clean)
They would be 100% easier if they came off the door and center console. If anyone knows how or if they pop off i would appreciate the knowledge.

I will eventually be wrapping my car in matte white and hopefully obtaining some black rims, just have to figure out how to get my boss to give me that much vinyl for free..haha.
Also need to know how to get the shark fin off the roof. I dont use the in car phone and dont have onstar so i dont need it. it will make wrapping the roof easier also.

My next project i would like to complete soon is a mesh grille. I have already painted the main top grille matte black, looks alot better than the factory chrome/black, but i want it to stand out more. It looks like after i pop it out i may have to cut away those cross bars and the figure out how to attatch the mesh. Maybe bend it around to the backside and then...any suggestions?

I would also like to do this with the bottom grille. Just the center part between the 2 fog light sections. (hoping to get some fog lights in there soon) this grille looks to be more of a project to take out then the top one. Is it just the plastic tabs like the upper grille or does it come out different?

A little off topic here but i have a very small spot on my passenger seat that got "scraped" and a little peice of the leather is pealing up. Anyone know how to fix this or keep it from getting worse. really bummed this happend, now i know not to let anyone sit in my saab but me...

I will try to get pics up later tonight or tomorrow morning of the interior trim. Would like to know what people think. Also looking forward to a little help with the grille project.

So here is the end product...

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

* 2006 9-3 2.0T

·
Registered
505 Posts
I'm not crazy about the door pulls being white. That's just me. However, if they are more scratch resistant than the original, it's definitely going to be worth it.

So, how did you get the door trim off? I've never tried, or had a reason to, but it's always nice to know.

As far as the scratch in the leather is concerned, I believe there's a filler or almost glue-like product out there. If you can find an arts/crafts/hobby store they should be able to point you in the correct direction. It might look just a bit touched up, but it's better than tearing/wearing away even more.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I'm with you on the wood trim not quite fitting right, but I'd prefer the metal look from GS, if only there were a full set and a bit cheaper. The white does look better though. I wouldn't mind that but it wouldn't go with my parchment interior.

The mesh grill is something I've been contemplating for quite some time, and I've been looking for a good material to use to fabricate one myself but so far I've come up empty.

Good to see someone else with an '06 2.0T. :)

..::EDIT::.. There's this from GS:
Metal center console
Gear Lever cover removal guide

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
I like it. I don't think i would have chosen white, but I do like it.

I like how you did it in vinyl though, way better than painting. There are a TON of neat vinyls at www.yourautotrim.com I have a sample card of the carbon fiber vinyls and they come in all sorts of colors. I hear people talking about the metal look from GS, maybe a silver CF look. They also have brushed aluminum vinyls, or diamond tread.

Great job!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After having it on for a while i'm really starting to dislike it. It doesnt really go with anything. Maybe when i do wrap the whole car it will flow a little better. Lucky for me I have an unlimited choice in colors and designs so I will be changing it this weekend. Not sure what i will go with but i'm up for suggestions. I might try the carbon fiber look just to see.

As for taking the trim off i actually didnt, it was pretty easy just leaving it on. as for the handle, that comes right off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.