Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, i have a a/f gauge installed on my car, but i don't know if its right. From other gauges i have seen, mine doesn't look right.
Does anyone have a picture of were it is installed?
Thanks

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, all it does it goto rich and lean back and forth. Sometimes it just stays at lean for seconds

Is it the black wire on the top o2 sensor on teh downpipe?

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
well at idle, the a/f should just sweep from lean to rich, the same when youre cruising. the only time it really tells you anything is at WOT, then it should indicate a lean or rich condition. the wire should be coming off the o2 sensor on the downpipe, you could trace it to the ecu and tap into it there, but that could get complicated, basically its a black wire and if you have a multimeter, the voltage should vary when the car is running, thats how the gauge knows what to display. hope thats all clear :roll: .

Paul

·
Registered
546 Posts
trexturk said:
well, all it does it goto rich and lean back and forth. Sometimes it just stays at lean for seconds
Sounds like it is working correctly. It should go back and forth when driving easy then peg rich near full throttle. If you listen to the engine closely when you are idling and watch the gauge you can hear the change in the exhaust note as is swings from lean to rich.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
does anyone have a picture of how they wired there's?
Thanks

·
Registered
392 Posts
Anyone get to taking pics of their A/F guage wired?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts