Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the Enduro for a little spin to a local forest this weekend. What a great feeling it is to drive this car. Twisty, hilly roads are just a delight - the 8 valve just seems smoother and less rushed than the engine in my T16 Aero. Great fun. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
holy shit thats awesome

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks all :)

DeLorean: We have heard, just the other week, that there may be a 5th still out there. We're doing our best to try and trace it. It may be the elusive Acacia Green Metallic one we heard rumours about years ago. I'll let you know when we clarify it.

Tweek's: It doesn't really take money - because it's not money, as such, that they're worth even though that sounds strange and contravenes the old availability/cost rule. I waited 20 years to find one, and now I've had two. It's the luck of the draw and keeping your head down to listen-in on chatter and getting on with the other Enduro owners. Because they don't necessarily cost all that much to buy (if you can find one) they don't change hands that much because of the same reason - you won't recover a fortune by selling one. You just lose a great car. I guess that when one is fully restored we'll know what they're ultimately able to fetch. I'm thinking about twice what they were worth new in todays money.

Here's another shot.

Attachments

·
7,595 Posts
You have 2 you say? Nice. You don't have any extra pre 87 Headlight wiper assemblies sitting around do you? I have been looking for some for my car, however since the US only got sealed beam headlights finding these are not easy! Typically US cars have this-
My car that has the standard E-code lights needs a set.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
BurnsSide42 - yep, that's my old one. It's now in the hands of a very enthusiastic Saab parts salvage company owner here in Sydney. He'll be restoring it from the ground up too.

Here it is in the workshop being readied for surgery. The fabled "12th kit" is sitting beside it - which we both co-own 50/50.

Attachments

·
Registered
459 Posts
Awesome Car Chris! :) So glad you were able to pick this one up. Looking forward to "meeting" it sometime if you ever get to Melbourne again (or me to Sydney).

Following your progress with eagerness!

Steve

1 - 20 of 39 Posts