Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I replaced some lines that I'd been delaying since last year, took it up to have it charged, ok... I get it back with full charge, but....he tells me that the compressor isn't cycling on and off like it should, and I should do some investigating on that, I have 3 electric fans, none of which turn on as soon as I hit the a/c button, but one comes on come on as soon as the thermostat opens and puts warm coolant in the radiator, and the other comes on as it gets a little warmer. Once the fans kick on to pull some air through, the pressure drops to a reasonable level. The problem is having it on before the car gets good and warmed up, and sitting still with little air flow..... Isn't there a high pressure switch on our cars that should cycle the compressor on and off? I guess that's what I'll be looking at next, unless there's something else anyone else can think of?.. I don't have WIS here at work with me, I'm just trying to get some more ideas if there are any.

Thanks for any info.........

edit: I do see two different pressure switches on Eeuroparts, which one detects high pressure and is there a test I can do with my multi-meter?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At least on the low pressure side, the pressure should be decreasing when it turns on.
I believe that to be the case, I loaned out my gauges and of course I don't have them back yet, but I'm fairly sure that's what's happening, just the high side getting very high before the fans come on, he said close to 400....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts