Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Aerodynamic had those adapters from gs which I think was the only "bolt on" solution

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^those have long since been gone. What about a V6 9k? Didnt they have the 5 bolt? You see quite a few 9ks overseas with the 5 bolt, maybe they know the seceret (if there is one)

·
Banned
6,912 Posts
1pc front 2 pc rear?

They are adapters that are not made by GS, they are a product of Speedparts SE. Thats why you see them over seas more frequently. They are very expensive and you really have to care for them or they will need replacing.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
1pc front 2 pc rear?

They are adapters that are not made by GS, they are a product of Speedparts SE. Thats why you see them over seas more frequently. They are very expensive and you really have to care for them or they will need replacing.

Rears need to be pretty big, wheels being et46 and trying to bring them out enough to line up with the wheel arch...

·
Banned
6,912 Posts
I dont understand how or why you would put 2 on the rear... the spacers are already 1" thick and if thats not enough to correct the wheel offset it would be beneficial to get different wheels. ;)

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I dont understand how or why you would put 2 on the rear... the spacers are already 1" thick and if thats not enough to correct the wheel offset it would be beneficial to get different wheels. ;)
I think you're misunderstanding: the adapters in the back, because they are so thick are actually composed of 2 parts. One half bolts to the hub, and then the second piece (with the 5-bolt pattern) bolts into the first piece. Whereas, the fronts are not as wide, so it bolts to the hub and the wheel bolts to it.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I had started a thread on this too a while back, everyone seemed to think fill and drill. If i were do just do spacers (if theres no better solution) would i be able to run my rk2's on my '91 turbo without having clearance issues?

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I had started a thread on this too a while back, everyone seemed to think fill and drill. If i were do just do spacers (if theres no better solution) would i be able to run my rk2's on my '91 turbo without having clearance issues?
Depends more on final offset than anything. What are the specs on the wheels?

·
Banned
6,912 Posts
Well I have a better job making more $$. I bought a new house with a really nice shop. The shop is almost completely set up now. My new aero is going to the body shop Sunday after next. I have also been flipping 9-3's to make extra cash for the new build. I'm pretty good at rebuilding motors now. I have deffinately learned a lot. :) I'm very excitied to start racing with my new car. What's up with everyone around here? I see not much has changed.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts