Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a front mount intercooler from a 9k that I'm considering putting in my c900. Is there anyone who has pulled this off? I'm pretty sure it will fit, once i take A/C out. but i was just curious if anyone else has tried?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I was considering. But the 9k one was free haha so I was gonna try and make it work. What are some of my intercooler options? What's everyone getting?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Justin. I'll look around and see what I can find.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
So i looked around a bit and most kits are for other makes, and then it says they also fit saab 900. these the ones? I couldnt find anything c900 specific.

I found this on ebay. basically looks like what I'm looking for. i think that 31x11x3 will fit. look like it will work?

31x11x3" INTERCOOLER+PIPING+BOV 91-99 SENTRA SR20DET - eBay (item 120630933217 end time Mar-05-11 17:50:17 PST)
31x11x3 may be a little big. You'll need to remove the ac as i did with mine 28x8x2.5 Im sure you could make it work, though i will be upgrading mine to 28x12x2.5 which i think is the perfect size (though everyone im sure is looking for something different.) Also, check erickson performance he may offer a c900 specific kit

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
people used to fit 9k intercoolers back when an aftermarket one was 500+ $ but now ebay ones are cheaper, (and great) and easier to fit than a 9k one.

Also, there is no need to go that big, going to BIG will actully reduce the intercoolers performance because it will heat soak from the rad, And it will block all the rads air, causing the car to overheat more often.

here is one, (i think it was 28x8x2.5) that i put in a stubnose SPG

Placement is much more important than size, espially seeing as the car will probably never make more than 400hp....

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alright, thanks guys. so those ebay kits work? I kinda wanted to go a bit bigger cause i like the look of an intercooler behind the grill like in Palmer's 900. but I would like my vert to be somewhat reliable.. so i definitely wont go for the big one.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I have a 31x12x3 inter cooler with 3" inlet and 3" outlet in my SPG and they fit and you can keep your tow hooks too. There is a little bit of interference on the corner of inter cooler and the edge of the headlights to get them to fit perfectly I ended up cutting into the inter cooler and notched it out and re-welded it to clear the headlights.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.