Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
(I AM IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH THIS SELLER, I AM SIMPLY GETTING THE WORD OUT ABOUT THIS CAR. I AM NOT SELLING THIS CAR)

This guy looks like, from his post that he's a little bit ticked about being a moron and somehow losing the title to him '99 9-5. He wants $900 for it, and said that "if you don't want it for parts, don't bother calling, I can't find the title. Thanks for those who are smart enough to figure it out." I would pick it up, but whatever. It might be kinda fishy and a hoax and really don't want to get into that crap. But if someone else wants to I put it up on here. Good price for all the good parts you can get off of it.

99 Saab for parts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
listen the titles clean i lost it but noit dealing with the bullsh**
Dont call with lots of crap about title DO NOT HAVE IT THATS WHY ITS A PARTS VEHICLE
so if you dont want it for parts then dont bother calling
So on a scale of 1-10 I wonder how pissed he would be if I called him asking how he lost the title.

Lets find out.

Broken window, no title, something smells reallll fishy.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes you should definitely go and do call him and record it!! It's a little far from my house in Rockland just to go and get a VIN #. I agree with you guys on this being fishy. I would carfax it of I had a VIN # but I dont feel like calling him up and getting. He is pretty ticked of I think. I wanted to know what other people would say if I
Postal this up here.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
If the car is legit - you can get the title for it FYI - it's not hard, just a waiting game as long as you can get all the right signatures.... I'd offer $500 if it's not stolen and in 6 months someone could have a nice cheap daily driver... but again, it's not the car for someone trying to get something quick and drive. As a parts car - the body is rather worthless - the engine and trans are worth the money if they aren't shot or high mileage. You can sell that engine for an easy $800 and the trans for another $500 (again - assuming they work well and aren't high mileage).

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
yes, I was thinking that you could get another title. I just didn't know for sure.
Current title holder must apply for Title Duplicate - either lost or destroyed as reason.

As long as there are no liens against the title - you can apply for it with a copy of the Bill Of Sale and lots of documentation - but more then likely you will need the present owners signature at the least to even apply for it.

·
Registered
369 Posts
This is like a "Where's Waldo" with the title.

:p My beech of a girl friend paid for the car cause' I told her I'd marry her and then ..

:rolleyes: That mechanic is a rip off to charge me those prices and just what is a mechanics lein?

:cool: Bad Credit-No Credit-No Problem and as soon as parole finds out where I am it's kinds academic?

·
Registered
1,837 Posts

:p My beech of a girl friend paid for the car cause' I told her I'd marry her and then ..

:rolleyes: That mechanic is a rip off to charge me those prices and just what is a mechanics lein?

:cool: Bad Credit-No Credit-No Problem and as soon as parole finds out where I am it's kinds academic?
lol what

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

ya man, what are you talking about?

·
Registered
978 Posts
Lemons car if he's legit and you cant talk him down.

·
Registered
85 Posts
If you have the car in your possesion, provided it wasn't reported stolen ( carfax?) You can file for a title for an abandoned car. I believe 90 days is the number on that here in ny. You would do a pencil rub of the VIN and report it, possibly have to be bonded for it ( depending on the value) and then the dmv sends you a title.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts