Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello- I bought a 2000 aero with a slung rod. I then bought a 99 lpt engine to replace it. I have the block and lpt head at the machine shop right now for some love. It came to my attention somehow that the pistons and valves are different between 99 and 2000 and I am wondering if I will be ok to run this motor with the aero ecu and turbo? I would use the HOT head if it weren't for two bent valves and the associated work on the head. I have put the project on hold until I can find answers and am having a hard time finding one... Anyone want to inflict some pain on me?

pleaze and thank you!

raab

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply! How about the pistons... Is it worth fretting over the beefier pistons of the B235R? I have three from the old engine provided they are the same size (not sure and I don't have them handy to measure...)

Raab

·
Registered
879 Posts
Thanks for the reply! How about the pistons... Is it worth fretting over the beefier pistons of the B235R? I have three from the old engine provided they are the same size (not sure and I don't have them handy to measure...)

Raab
Exactly the same in both engines, not worth the trouble.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
alrighty then...

Once again many thanks for the reassurance.... The machinist called today and said it's ready to go so I get to start reassembly pretty soon.. Can't wait...:D I guess I will forever be worrying about those valves though:roll:

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
Once again many thanks for the reassurance.... The machinist called today and said it's ready to go so I get to start reassembly pretty soon.. Can't wait...:D I guess I will forever be worrying about those valves though:roll:
The valves aren't going to be any issues at all. Plenty of people with pretty highly tuned cars without the nimonic valves. My nearly 500hp 9k Aero started life as an automatic - hence no nimonic valves...no issue, LOTS of miles with well over 300hp on that car, and quite a few with well over 400hp.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.