Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Same post as last time basically, need a decent body, dont really care if it runs or not, must be a 5spd. Reasonably priced please, will be winter car.

I'd really prefer a 3dr for the C900's. 99 coupe would be sweet but totally open ended on that, and NG900 has to be a hard top. Someone must have something!

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
...Really, no one can figure out that by hardtop I mean has a solid steel roof? Think about the phrase for a second, hard top, means solid, not cloth. I can show you thousands of 900 hard tops, both C900 hard tops, NG900 hard tops, and dare I say I can possibly find you thousands of OG9-3 hardtops and sport sedan hard tops.

Anyways with a C900 honestly I would like a 3door simply because of the storage space, NG900 or OG9-3 it doesnt much matter, but everyone likes the 3drs more.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Actually, the hard top saabs are sedans. To be a true hard top it would have no B pillars in it. So when the windows are down it would look like a convert with the top up.

Now back to the OP. Trying to find a good 99 shell is almost impossable and if you found one it wouldn't be cheap. A good C900 shell is most likelly going to be just about as bad as they are getting very scarce. 3 door NG900's are rather rare too, especially in the mid west here. All the 3 dr's I have are VERY long in the tooth with 2-3 hundred k on them. One is rusty as hell, one is an auto and the other is not for sale (soon to be race car).

So although you are looking for a wide range of models and years they are all hard to find.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wouldn't be any fun if it were easy haha. How rusty is your rusty one? I had a 95 3dr NA with 307k and i smacked it into someone, parted it out so i could put into another body and someone cut the body harness out of that car and I have way too much time invested in just trying to get the old harness out to make it work while for a winter car

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Aww damn, I wouldn't mind a little rust, but the salvage title kinda kills it. Oh well the search continues. Keep me in mind if you happen across anything, I guess an NG900 would be the best deal for me since I have an engine laying around

1 - 13 of 13 Posts