Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't looked yet, but I'm going to help a friend install a modded ECU in his car and I don't even know where it's located. I tried a little bit to search for it but couldn't find anything.

Any help
tia!
Jason

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
Don't take out the glove compartment.

I pull the little plastic molding that goes on the top of the rocker seam out (just give it a tug, its clipped in).

Then pull the carpet away on the very right side under the glove box.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Don't take out the glove compartment.

I pull the little plastic molding that goes on the top of the rocker seam out (just give it a tug, its clipped in).

Then pull the carpet away on the very right side under the glove box.
There is a bolt that goes through part of the dash and the carpet. Unless you rip the carpet, remove the glovebox.

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
I've done it on about 6 cars, never removed the glove box.

Yes, I did cut like that 1/8" bit of carpet.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
I've done it on about 6 cars, never removed the glove box.

Yes, I did cut like that 1/8" bit of carpet.
For ease, I have done that on all my cars as well, all 3 of em. Some people just don't know about that.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why not just remove the bolt? That's what I did, easy access to the ecu after that.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
you can leave the glove box in... at least I could. I just pulled back the carpet.

·
7,595 Posts
You will NOT be able to remove the ECU in an early car without removing the glove box. It's bolted in in multiple places that can not be accessed with it in place. You can however do it on the 1996+ cars, as it's only held in place by the single 10MM or torx, that can be removed bu just removing the 1 10MM and moving the carpet aside.

·
10,303 Posts
It's not an early car, at least not as early as mine. That being said. I like to sit in the seat and casually remove the glovebox....still.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts