Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have been reading up and will be going with the Stage 1 from JZW, however I wanted to find some good DIY links relating to the open intake and converting to BOV.

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
I'll cover the conversion to a BOV.

1. Loosen hose clamp that holds return tube on BPV to air intake
2. Remove return tube
3. Plug hole in air intake

if you have an aftermarket BOV continue to steps 4-7

4. Loosen clamp that holds BPV to charge pipe
5. remove BPV
6. put BOV where BPV was
7. Tighten clamp for BOV

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
It doesn't ever really suck air, only blows, so you can get away with no filter.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Yes, between the turbo and intercooler.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
So is the silencer the BPV or the tube inside of the airbox. Also, since these cars have an intercooler is the heatshield really necessary on the intake? I guess any way of cooling the air is needed for optimum performance? I was thinking about using some 3" exhaust tubing I saw at the autoparts store and a nice cone filter?

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
So is the silencer the BPV or the tube inside of the airbox. Also, since these cars have an intercooler is the heatshield really necessary on the intake? I guess any way of cooling the air is needed for optimum performance? I was thinking about using some 3" exhaust tubing I saw at the autoparts store and a nice cone filter?
The silencer is in the hard pipe that is after the turbo but before the intercooler on the ng900's and non HOT 9-3's.

Always cooler is better, but in our cars it's debatable if it really helps or not and if so, by how much.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts