Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So PA is trying to punish saabs for all the speeding that saabs do in that state.

At mile marker 133.9 heading north on 81, my car fried a con rod bearing and Eurotech wasn't able to "get me going". Basically somebody in the past didnt change the oil enough and 3 weeks ago it cost me a turbo, and Friday my engine. My old 900 I beat for 11 hard years, but changed the oil every 3k. This car I had less than a year and it's dead.

I am looking into options, including a loan on a newer sub 50k mile saab 9-5. I did get an offer to get it going again, but want to try and circumvent any more bs with this car. I spent around $800 on things here and there last month.

Can I assume we can get it to Reading to strip for more diesel money?

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
my 900set with a 99 9-3 motor 100k just killed itself today so i feel your pain.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Or you "Tweek" can Con Burnside to tow it down so we can slam a cheap 2.0 back in it. We have those laying around too.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Oh. Such bad timing...it's officially dead. If only I could find what I'm searching for i'd consider selling you my 9-3. Have you talked to spgproject? He's got his up for sale, I believe.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
That sucks man. I was just thinking that now that I've fixed a ton of dumb stuff, something bad was going to happen to mine. Guess yours got its number called first. Hope you can get a good replacement.

·
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ouch - so no luck with the used Bearing or are you still waiting to hear on that?
That did not work.

I am still waiting to hear on my options before I make a final decision. Harvey, if we do fix it we will pop a 2.3 in it.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Oh. Such bad timing...it's officially dead. If only I could find what I'm searching for i'd consider selling you my 9-3. Have you talked to spgproject? He's got his up for sale, I believe.
yes. that. one of the nicer ones around if i do say so myself. plus, hazelnut is invisible to the cops, which i know you could make good use of.

·
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Things are working out, I will provide details a little later. I think I have joined the 9-5 club.

·
7,595 Posts
actual diesel money, a trip of that magnitude, towing, will be $80 at least fuel cost alone. You will get $300 for it if it can make a trip to harrys, which may be a better option.

·
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Pass, I need to save many of the parts from it, like rear axle, interior bits, and turbo of course. :rolleyes:

Look on the bright side, you guys get a free T5 harness! And $80 is no problem.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
If the 9-5 you are considering is the Cosmic Blue one on ebay I'd kiss the 9-3 good bye. I saw that car at NSS in the Fall and it looks like a beaut. And that is my favorite color on a NG SAAB. Good luck whatever you decide.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
You guys and your titles. Picky picky picky! ;)

·
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No prob, took me a minute to figure out why, but anyways, will do. Just as long as D doesn't send the thing off to Harry's in Hazelton with all my goodies on it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts