Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This just happened last night. I ran my car really hard because I swapped the plugs out and it cured the boost issue. My 95 9000 aero has a stage 1 ecu in it. I went to pull into my driveway and the rpms shot down to 500 and then stalled. I backed out of my drive way and the same happened. I would have to rev the car to keep it from stalling. When I push the clutch in the rpms drop to 500, lights dim and the car struggles to stay running. After a few stalls the car will keep running but will shoot down to 500 rpms still.

Car may be using oil too. Running compression and leakdown test in a hour.

·
Registered
22 Posts
same was happening to my 9k aero when it got first started up after 6 years of hybernation. I would think its something wrong with the throtle body or maf sensor...not sure. now after some maitnence done to the engine it runs but still at low rpm...i dont know what it is.

·
User
9,193 Posts
To me, this is screaming TCS problems... but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Sounds tcs to me too. Unplug the battery to reset the car and see if that helps.

·
Registered
22 Posts
mine too...but my gas pedal is responding only the lower part and its pretty hard. Is it possible to reprogram/reset the throttle body?

·
Registered
836 Posts
well i got the pedal symptom when i had the problem,

any change u have a donor or a friend that can swap out the safety run off its a 2 second swap. and did u check if yours has ever been replaced

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
may sound stupid, but check the vac lines, includeing the one on the bottom of the TB.

also check the main connection on the TB, make sure its not gummed up\

and lastly, unplug the battery and see if the light comes back, it could be a one time thing

1 - 16 of 16 Posts