Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
May or may not have just pulled the trigger for $500. Pretty car with issues.

Stats:
191k miles
Automagic
Grey interior/aero seats
SUPER AERO WHEELS OMGHAI2U!

Needs:
Tierod
Battery
Alternator
coolant hoses
brakes
Leaks oil?
Slight curb pwnage on lower valance

Pics soon. How did I do?

·
10,303 Posts
Fucking spectacular.

Talk to olivers sex positions about the alternator. Its super easy to replace and may just need a voltage regulator.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
$500 is a nice find, someone is giving it away for a working car.

All fairly standard maintenance items.

Look at the voltage regulator (VR) vs the whole alternator unless the bearings are bad. Its a ~$30 part vs $180 for an alternator. You can pull the alternator out, replace the VR and take it to a Advanced Auto or Autozone and get it tested for free.

If your pulling the alternator, check your belts.

Might want to consider ball joints if your doing tierods.

Oil is it from the top or around the crankseal? Both fairly normal.

Note: We've done all of these items as a DIY in the garage.

Pics, when you post next, see the box for addtional options, manage attachements. There is a size limit for the photos or host them on another site and provide a link (world symbol above the message box).

Needs:
Tierod
Battery
Alternator
coolant hoses
brakes
Leaks oil?
Slight curb pwnage on lower valance

·
Registered
846 Posts
White AERO ! Rare here in Oz extremely, only seen one before.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bringing it home tomorrow, w00t.

Picked up an alternator and a starter at the pick-n-pull for $30, tested good at Autozone.

The shop wanted $1600 or so for work to be done. Apparently it won't start and was towed to the shop (hence the towing eye). Shouldn't take much at all to get it back to good driving condition. Got a spare Aero TD04 we'll probably throw on.

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
Wunderbar!

Good find man. TD04 + autotragic = fun

Also, the more boost your throw at those autotragics the better they hold up (to a point, obviously).

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Beautiful car... My favorite Saab asthectically was my cirrus white 9000CSE... it looked soooo good with the black trim.

·
Banned
6,912 Posts
Congrats, you are the proud new owner of my old Aero. ;)

I picked up those clear corners in sweden. :( The dent on the back door is from an ex boyfriend (who kicks a car?!?!?!) and the seals on the auto trans were done not too long ago.

Thats the car I sold because it was made on a friday night when all the factory workers just wanted to get drunk.

It also has wiring issues. I dont remember what all went wrong but it caught on fire once... check and see if the mirror lights work. I doubt it was fixed though. Some loopy woman in the harbor bought it from me for $2k.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts