Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally selling my 92 9000S after owning it for 10 years and lots and lots of lovely miles. Yes it's an S and not a Turbo, boo hoo, get over it. I has a full Airflow/Carlsson kit and the spoiler on the hatch. Super rare, and those parts alone are worth most of the asking price. This is a complete car, running driving, just took a sticker in June no problem. Honestly, it may be best suited as a parts car. It's got 280,000 miles on it, but still runs amazingly strong, pulls hard at mid to high RPM's, and gets 27-28 MPG. Occasionally "coughs" and gets a quick CEL, I suspect that after I let it sit for awhile last winter some ethanol went bad in the tank and I'm still trying to flush it out. 99% of the time it runs great. It has a whine from a poly mount I installed years ago, trust me, it's not the trans. I've driven it for 100,000 miles this way.

-Just replaced the DI cassette and water pump.
-It has a very clean set of sand beige seats from a 98 CSE, but is missing a headliner.
-4 clean aero wheels, with Nokian summer tires, 2 worn due to a once bad wheel bearing and poor alignment, both issues were fixed.
-Rides on Aero suspension from a 97, oversized 225 tires do rub on hard cornering, struts could probably use replacing
-Zimmerman drilled rotors, PBR metal master pads, and stainless lines, this car brakes better than anything I have ever driven
-Glass roof from a CD, not an option on 92 5 door cars, does leak a very little bit with heavy rain
-"bumpin" sound system, Old-er school pioneer deck, but has MP3, all upgraded speakers with an amp and huge box in the hatch with 2 subs, all and all... sounds really good.
-Totally custom 2.5" exhaust with custom fabbed 4-2-1 header. Started life as an MSS header that I had modded to fit a 9000, stainless system with a borla and magnaflow combination of mufflers, sounds pretty good
-Airflow/Carlsson kit is clean, front bumper is factory black, i never got around to painting, the rest of it is rattle can green, far from a good paint job. The fender flares I did hack up on the underside, I know, I'm a moron, but I was really excited about fitting bigger tires in. No one will ever see it, I promise. Also has the spoiler, amazingly rare as well, maybe you can get lucky and find on on eBay UK and get it shipped over and deal with customs... been there, done that, with the whole kit.

As I said, it's a solid car, very little rust. The bottoms of the doors are pretty gone, and there is a spot coming through on the passenger's side rear fender. The car has the all black turbo mouldings down the side, and I painted the silver trim around the windows black. Without popping the hood and/or driving it, you'd never know it's an N/A car.

Buy it whole, run it, drive it, love it, or part it out. I just bought an '03 Aero Wagon and need to clear out the driveway.

IMHO any car that takes a sticker and is legal is easily worth $1000. I also figure the body kit and spoiler alone are worth at least $750. I'd part the car out, but don't have the time or a place to do it. Therefore, I'm selling the whole car for $1250

The car is located in Portsmouth, NH. I parked it at work because it's alot easier to show it there than it is at home. Feel free to ask any questions, ask for more pics, and let me know if you want to come check it out and take it for a spin.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
anybody want to split on this so i can get my "other" carlsson kit?

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I could get more pics to any serious inquirer. But like I said, the bottoms of the front doors are pretty gone, and then literally the only other spot is on the passenger side rear quarter and is barely coming through. There is some other rust on the same quarter under the Airflow bumper... Doubt it would ever be seen though. The hood is mint, front fenders are mint, exterior doors have only a few very small dings, hatch is also mint.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
i have the same car down the road from me same year and color NO Rust ;) but i only need the the damned kit for my silver 91

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have doors for it too! Damn if it could get me through winter. I would pick this beauty up.
Why do you think it wouldn't get you through the winter? If you were for serious I would include a set of 205/65/15 Hakka 5's on steelies... a bit oversized, but are practically new tires.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What is the lowest you would take?
If no one here wants it for $1250 I'll try it on Craigs, and if it doesn't sell... then I dunno, maybe take it off the road for awhile and fix it up. I've had it for 10 years and it doesn't owe me a thing. I just figured for a little over a grand it'd be a cheap and easy project for someone or a pretty cool looking and rare daily driver. Not desperate for the cash, but if it sold that's $ that I could put into my new 03 Aero Wagon.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
$1000 now...

Just put the MINT 98 sand beige interior into it.

bump bump bump... is this thing on? Did I mention this was an airlfow car? Did I mention it was legal and drivable and recently passed inspection no problem?

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
want to trade a 91 9kt for the carlsson?
it needs lights hood and one fender. you could make 2 cars outta 1
and end up with a nice 91 9kt
(thought id give it a try)
pm me im over in vt
Just bought a 9-5 and really not looking to do any more 9000 projects right now.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts