Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know its a long shot but i miss my old 9k and want another one... Looking for a 91-92 9000 2.3t 5 speed non tcs preferred,rust free would be nice as well... dont mind something that needs some tlc(just nothing major):p

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Non TCS came on NON-Turbo 92 9000's (aka - 9000 S )

Why not look for an 86-90 9000? You can have them for much less and they are a bit more reliable.

The 92-95 9000's did have TCS as an option or mandatory on 92-93 MY if it's a turbo and could become problematic. Not into the 1993+ CS bodies? Tons of those out there and many do not have TCS

Scroll the Craigslist thread - always good finds there.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Thanks man - it is sweet :) I need to clean out the garage to put it inside for winter... I picked up my clutch master rebuild kit from the dealer yesturday, so I'll have to fix that soon. I'd like to replace or repair the headliner this winter too. The Driver seat needs something fixed - and a dye job. They are a bit more bullet proof I will say that - but they have more frailness in the wiring department as well as "metal fatique" issues on the higher mileage ones.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
the only thing that's ugly as balls on those cars, are the rocker skirts. They kick down in the back, but not in the front. Tossing a set from a '91 or so on there, where they contour down to the front tire makes a WORLD of difference.

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
Non TCS came on NON-Turbo 92 9000's (aka - 9000 S )

The 92-95 9000's did have TCS as an option or mandatory on 92-93 MY if it's a turbo and could become problematic. Not into the 1993+ CS bodies? Tons of those out there
ALL 91 9KT's were non-TCS, all 92's are TCS. The 91 9k is the one to have if you want one of that body style, also got the larger fender flares that the 92's didn't get. A 91 9kt will have a whole lot less strange issues than an older 9k, they made a lot of changes along the way, still not as good as a later CS car, but a lot closer.

Paul

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im mainly looking for a 91-92 body style... I had a mint 92
as my first car and i loved it... id prefer a non tcs but if need me would
take a tcs 92.... It seems like that year body style is damn near extinct to me...
No luck on craigslist,ebay,saabnet, etc..

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Good luck. I had to go 8 hours 1 way to get one with a clean body, and that was after weeks of searching. Save up some money though, those years of 9k tend to be kind of maintenance whores.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Any pics?Specs?
I'll get some pictures of it later today and get them posted. Specs are 155k miles, 5 speed, Dark met green/beige leather. My son did the removal of the TCS and everything is working except the cruise. We've been running through the shop this week and did an oil change on it. It had a chopped up exhaust on it and we replaced it with a 2 month old one off a junker. The car has no cat on it if you need to pass that.(in Iowa we don't) The brakes are all 3/4 left. We did an anignment on it too. It will need tires they are ok but not for winter. $2,500 is the price

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Care to explain how theyre maintenance whores? My 92 was pretty soild for the time i had it until the timing chain broke on it...
Sold it to my friend and he put a new motor in it but said it needs a new master cylinder for the clutch as theres no pressure so hes trying to sell it back to me for 750.. But its been sittin for almost 3 years and from what i seen needs new breaks for sure,antenna,cd player is bad, and could have some rust issues but was mint when i had it
Good luck. I had to go 8 hours 1 way to get one with a clean body, and that was after weeks of searching. Save up some money though, those years of 9k tend to be kind of maintenance whores.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Any rust? any maintenance been done that you know of?
I'll get some pictures of it later today and get them posted. Specs are 155k miles, 5 speed, Dark met green/beige leather. My son did the removal of the TCS and everything is working except the cruise. We've been running through the shop this week and did an oil change on it. It had a chopped up exhaust on it and we replaced it with a 2 month old one off a junker. The car has no cat on it if you need to pass that.(in Iowa we don't) The brakes are all 3/4 left. We did an anignment on it too. It will need tires they are ok but not for winter. $2,500 is the price

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Care to explain how theyre maintenance whores? My 92 was pretty soild for the time i had it until the timing chain broke on it...
Sold it to my friend and he put a new motor in it but said it needs a new master cylinder for the clutch as theres no pressure so hes trying to sell it back to me for 750.. But its been sittin for almost 3 years and from what i seen needs new breaks for sure,antenna,cd player is bad, and could have some rust issues but was mint when i had it
I have had to do alot of stuff on mine. Everything from the head gasket to the tranny has went out. Definitely worth fixing them up though.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Not that posting your location would help, at least in your profile.

You are kind of asking people to bird dog for you (we all do it), but it has to be "real world".

Yeah, Burns got a good un' with that rocket guy's car.

I have only had three cars in my life that were not "maintenance whores" or "hangar queens" and oddly they were a 1980 MGB and a 2000 Corvette and lastly a 1987 900 base.

Each time I got rid of them based almost on superstition. I kept saying that "the good" can't last. My 1989 9000s auto was one of the Saabs from Hell. From day one it had a bad heater, trans and finally I dealt it the death blow by jumping the battery "old school" and shorted the computer.

Whatever you do, do not, if you get one take the old school method to give it a jump. All of the electronics went wacky and it could not be re-booted.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Any rust? any maintenance been done that you know of?
Here are the pictures, My son drove it back and forth to school 3 hour trip each way Friday and Sunday. Mechanicly it's good. We just ran it through the shop this week to get it ready for the guy who is supposed to be looking at it. We serviced it replaced the exhaust, checked the brakes, cv boots, ect. The guy who's looking at it is planning to drive it back to Indiana from Iowa. There is one small spot of rust starting to show on the pass rear fender and there is a picture of it.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts