Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'll just say this - DeLorean and I drove in the 9KT to CT to get this 91 2.1 900 that DeLorean won off e-bay... all i can say is this:
*Good Parts car - Bad trans ;) ;) - Parts missing - check behind local business for remains :lol: *

·
7,595 Posts
aaaw man... The thing ran so well, but the tranny gave it up. the auto box just figured it was time to spew it's fluid all over the ground about 8 miles from the house :( We took what we could and left the carcass behind. that car had had it :(

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The best part sadly was when we decided to find an empty lot - hidden and strip it. I now have a 2.1 head and intake for the SPG 8) DeLorean has a crap load of spare parts - anyone live near CT want a set of Brand new tires? lol

·
7,595 Posts
yeah, anyone who wants parts, can be directed to the lot where it's at. has some nice new sumitomo (SP?) tires, and a whole bunch of other good stuff still left.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just neither of us have cells or a # to call you. We woulda stopped in for dinner otherwise, or atleast called. We did think about it and discuss you while in NY, and as a plan of action if we were to have the 2.1 towed somplace - we thought of you :lol: 8)

·
7,595 Posts
A cell phone is something that I will just never buy ;) is someone wants to call me, catch me while I am at home or don't talk :D

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
lol, that's awesome that you got all those parts and stuff, but how do you "win" something on ebay, i know you can bid and if you are the high bidder you win, but you said it like it was a raffle or a door prize or something like that

~justin

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We think Rhich is gonna go get it - not sure tho. Would be good if he did, I want the passenger fender :) or a Grey one from your inventory as trade ;) I was planning on taking that and the rear 1/4 when it was here, given it made it home... I also liked that hatch, but I'll find one of those in the yard eventually I want. The hood to I was going to take (If DeLorean doesn't wanna sell me a dual vent hood, badeless) Speaking of which - anyone have a badgeless hood off an old 8V? IDC if it's dual or single vent, but after seeing one in the yard single vented, I want one. I woulda gotton the one from the yard, but the underside needed some repairs.... :cry:

·
10,303 Posts
I'm really gonna try and get those 2 saabs out of the guys shop locally. That 8V was a single vent hood. Probably some rust though.

·
7,595 Posts
I don't want to rip on 8V's too much, but they are going to have more problems than the 16V cars. they use an old K-jet mech. fuel distributor. not an easy thing to tamper with when they start to mess up / catch fire :? if you want a more reliable C-900, go for a 85-93 900-turbo with stock boost levels, or a 900-S 16V from 86-93. 91-93 will be the 2.1 liter car, and will perform a little better. As far as boosting your power on a C-900 turbo... well you had better know how to change transmissions if you want to do that :oops:

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Q-SAAB said:
DeLorean said:
A cell phone is something that I will just never buy ;) is someone wants to call me, catch me while I am at home or don't talk :D
Ewww - you're one of THOSE, huh?
one of those?!! no no no - we're the normal ppl. All YOUS with those fancy fangled THINGS are "THOSE" who want everyone else around them to think "I'm a special guy - I can walk and talk at the same time..." I got a few things I would LOVE to tell those ppl ;) and I do often when I see then on the phone and "driving" another of those peoples favorite past times - so don't even start with me, I'm just getting warmed up :p :lol: 8)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Ok, ok, so you're a ludite,that's ok by me. As for talking and driving, trust me, I avoid it at all costs- and NEVER without my handsfree - people who don't use them piss me off, for sure.

Especially if they're suburban trophy-wife soccer-moms driving their SUV, talkin' on the phone, sipping their non-fat decaf lattee (also known as a why-bother) while barely being able to see over the steering wheel - not that I'm opinionated or anything... :evil:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts