Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WANTED, anyone who is selling one please let me know, im looking for the 3" cat back 1/2 i already have the d/p 1/2. Let me know. thanks all

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
i was in the same situation. I bought the dp and didnt want to pay for the full system. I bought a universal 3 inch cat, and 3 inch in/out straight through dynomax muffler from summitracing.com. I was going to have it all done up in stainless at a shop but people said id be looking at 3-400 bucks...although just aluminised should be 200 or less. What i may try to do is buy up some aluminised pipe and just take off the stock exhaust and copy it by using stainless exhaust clamps. Ill let you know how it goes...otherwise check out some local shops...

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
worst comes to worst i just spend 400 on a new exhaust system

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
You can get a system done from the Cat back for usually around $275 at a muffler shop but it will be crush bent usually and not mandrell bent. However with the power output that you will likley be running you will not lose anything from the crush bent over the mandrel bent systems. For my 9-3 I just got a quote for $290 installed using 3" stainless and a magnaflow muffler with a polished oval chrome tip. So if you check around you will find that it may cost almost as much as the system you will buy online but the diffrence is you will have it installed and welded rather than clamped thus leaving less room for leaks and such.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
steve, even when i buy stuff online i always get it welded, 1quick 2.0T who is a member on here does mostly all of my exhaust work.

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
steve - was that quote from a chain shop like monroe or meineke? or an indy? cuz if i could get that quote it would be great. Only other issue is i still cant get my car to the shop...damn

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
BurnsSide42 and Aerolike9 I have both what you are looking for. My dad has a 9000 that has a full JT exhaust system, that he doesnt need anymore, due to the fact hes parting out the car. I have the downpipe, for you Burnside, and the cat back exhaust for Aerolike9. Both are in good shape, but there is no catalytic converter on the exhaust just straightpipe. Let me know if your both interested, and if so buyer pays shipping or you can come pick up.

Thanks,

Dan

1 - 12 of 12 Posts