Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
On c-list and flea-bay...5990.00 yea right.
Don"t buy this unseen....pictures provided aren't showing real issues.
Enough said, buyer beware.
Can you give us more details on what you have seen? It's great when people watch out for others on here, but we need specifics. Otherwise, how would we know your not just slandering the listing to keep the price down, etc? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
The pics, and description make it pretty damn appealing. I think $6k is high, but that's neither here or there.

You sound like you're throwing the car under the bus for being a rotted, rebuilt, pieced together turd, but the ad says 1-owner, clean title, and every record since new. That's hard stuff to overlook too....

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Supposedly one owner. Yes. Carfax okay. Dealer maintained. Possibly.
Both rear wheel wells rusted, fixed? kind of.
Windshield replaced, yes, but rusting out at corners. If this was done at a dealership, yikes! They cut into the A-pillar fabric. Not quality work.
They said it was 'detailed' but not from what i saw of the interior. Never mind the half-dollar size hole in driver's left bolster section. Obviously smoked in, hence the major dark tint to headliner. Do I have to go on. Just make sure if considering this Aero just pay what it's actually worth. Besides he has it listed for two different prices $4990. & $5990. Just would be nice for these indie dealers to more straight up with the details of these cars and don't tell me "well, it is a thirteen year old car'. what did he think I drove 250 miles in to see this...A 1997 9000 CSE w/ 105K on it. I'm liking that this Aero is making my 9K worth a heck more than I originally thought. I have too many years at looking at Saabs for this kind of run-around.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Can you give us more details on what you have seen? It's great when people watch out for others on here, but we need specifics. Otherwise, how would we know your not just slandering the listing to keep the price down, etc? Thanks!
Who would ever pay $6K for for a 9K Aero? Are these cars becoming collector's items now to warrant the high price?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Who would ever pay $6K for for a 9K Aero? Are these cars becoming collector's items now to warrant the high price?
9000 Aeros are definitely hard to find in good condition. I think they are even harder to find than clean SPG's. A few years ago, Aeros were plentiful, but now they're seemingly gone. I think 6k for a MINT example would be a steal. There's a reason people hold on to these cars for a long time. I know a guy who's owned his since new and he says he will never drive anything else. There's many other saabers who feel exactly the same way.

Good thing 3masaab has seen this car and warned others. There was an awesome silver 9k aero in california on eBay that looked very minty. People hunting for one should contact the seller.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts