Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Looks good so far - makes me think of the 9-2X a bit from the back. Still looks promising! Can't wait for the price to be released.... here comes another $50,000 station wagon :( Make it mid 20's and we may have a deal breaker! I'd take the 6 speed 4 cylinder fwd version for the 23K new sticker price :D

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
that is the best looking Saab that they are making currently. They must have some GREAT new designers from Spyker, cause that's just so impressive!!

·
Premium Member
4,442 Posts
that is the best looking Saab that they are making currently. They must have some GREAT new designers from Spyker, cause that's just so impressive!!
this car was more or less done long before spyker bought 'em. it won't be until the all new 9-3 before we get a saab that wasn't penned under gm's loving care.

also, spyker's designers only (god-willing) design spykers. (roof-mounted intake and 2000 air vents? mmmm, no.)

saab's new master of aesthetics is jason castriota. he designed lots of pretty things, including maseratis and ferraris.

some great reading and insight into saab's future:

Interview with Jason Castriota - Part 1
Interview with Jason Castriota - Part 2
Interview with Jason Castriota - Part 3

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
I'm seeing 9-2x also.

I know it's probably a good idea to have a huge tailgate opening, but having the lower part of the hatch be part of the bumper is inviting problems. Especially if you live in an area with lots of close-quarter parallel parking.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
this car was more or less done long before spyker bought 'em. it won't be until the all new 9-3 before we get a saab that wasn't penned under gm's loving care.

also, spyker's designers only (god-willing) design spykers. (roof-mounted intake and 2000 air vents? mmmm, no.)

saab's new master of aesthetics is jason castriota. he designed lots of pretty things, including maseratis and ferraris.

some great reading and insight into saab's future:

Interview with Jason Castriota - Part 1
Interview with Jason Castriota - Part 2
Interview with Jason Castriota - Part 3
I personally like the Spykers, the interiors are insane, and the outsides craziness works for me as far as exotics go. Also the new one is rumored to be getting corvette zr1 power.

·
Premium Member
4,442 Posts
I personally like the Spykers, the interiors are insane, and the outsides craziness works for me as far as exotics go. Also the new one is rumored to be getting corvette zr1 power.
Oh, no doubt. The interiors are effing gorgeous. And I don't necessarily mean to knock the exteriors -- they are just the antithesis of Saaby -- which is to say they are not understated at all. And yep they're getting the LS9. Powahhhh! :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts