Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Upgraded the interior in my '99 9-5 Linear to vented sport seats and leather door cards from an '03 Aero.

It would be a lot of work to change your sedan interior from tan to charcoal, but it could be done - you'd need the carpet, door sill trims, B-pillar trim, glove box and the driver's knee panel.

My car was meticulously maintained and the interior is spotless.

Driver's seat has one split seam on the seatback and one on the seat bottom, probably not worth repairing, but all the motors, mov't buttons, and memory module work perfectly. Leather is still soft and supple, just not perfect. You can just see the popped seam in the photo.

If your seat moves 2 inches, stops, moves 2 inches, stops, ..... you need the memory module.

Passenger seat and rear seats are perfect, leather is smooth and supple.

Both front seat button mounting plastics are perfect, tabs not broken off so the buttons flop all over the place.

Door panels are perfect, no stains, no discoloration on the fabric inserts.

I will probably end up throwing these away since I don't have another 9-5 with ratty seats - if you're interested in bits and pieces of the front seats we can talk,

...Otherwise I'd take $150 for everything, it'd be silly to ship it all, but some people (like me) do silly things.

If you want bits and pieces P/M me, I might hang on to them in one piece to see if someone will come get everything, but I don't mind breaking the driver's seat right away since it's torn.

Seat side covers where buttons go $40 shipped each side
Memory module $60 shipped (list on those right now is a comical $1,310, going rate on eBay looks around $120 or so)
Movement switches with un-broken touch buttons $30 shipped each side
Memory switch $30 shipped

The switch packs are the same for all years of 9-5.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
...Otherwise I'd take $150 for everything, it'd be silly to ship it all, but some people (like me) do silly things.

Seat side covers where buttons go $40 shipped each side
Memory module $60 shipped (list on those right now is a comical $1,310, going rate on eBay looks around $120 or so)
Movement switches with un-broken touch buttons $30 shipped each side
Memory switch $30 shipped

The switch packs are the same for all years of 9-5.
You are right - $1310 is comical.... lol You may want to double check that price ;)

Also note that those Seat Memory switches also are the sam from the 9000's and 9-3 cars. Tons available in junk yards - as I often have a few on hand in my car just in case one goes. (And one has never gone bad yet)

nice seats! GL - if I had a need for more seats your price is good!

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's good cause I don't want to just toss them. Had a couple people e-mail about the switch packs, I'll see if I get anything local today, otherwise I'll break 'em up.

Too bad the leather in the 9-5's holds together so much better than the earlier cars, no need for these yet, but I don't have a barn to put them in.

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
Kinda off topic but, is the wiring present in all 95s for the vented seats?

Just wondering.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Kinda off topic but, is the wiring present in all 95s for the vented seats?

Just wondering.
The harnesses were built specifically for the build specs on the car itself. Ventilated seats would have been dictated by a specific trim code, so if the car did not have the ventilated seats trim code in production, the harness had blank spots in the respective connectors where the pins/sockets would go. To that end, if you're crafty with EPC you can source the pins and sockets from Saab and amend the existing wiring in the car to install the ventilated seats. I did a similar thing on Stromer's 9-3 a few years ago when he installed Viggen seats and needed power for the seat adjustment ran.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Those ventilated seats are nice too - I have a pair I intend to install in my vintage someday - unless I try to sell them instead later.

Good to know on the wiring - I figured it was going to be a no, or yes. A somewhat is almost as good as a yes.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yapp. The wiring and connectors are there for the heating, but for the ventilation I got the whole body harness (that runs to DICE) from the donor car and will have to get the retractor to get the pins out and transplant them into mine.

Actually.... I will probably rig something to hardwire the vents off the power for the heated seats rather than let DICE know I added the vents, it's just stepped power to the blower, I can't imagine it's going to be complex, just a pain since it's buried up under the knee panel. The bad splices for A/C compressor clutch I traced down in a 9-3SS this morning was probably worse than that will be....

I'll do a writeup when I'm done. Going to have to do the same thing for the heated rear seat, wiring for that doesn't exist in my '99 Linear either.

Drew

1 - 7 of 7 Posts