Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I want to upgrade the rear brakes on my 98 900, rather than paying nearly the same to buy replacements like I have now. So with that in mind, I'm looking for rear brakes off the appropriate 9-5 Aero (thinking 02-05, might be wrong). If you know what I'm talking about, and have some or all the needed bits, let me know and we can figure out a deal.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I just confirmed that the set up I bought from Brent was from a 2003 Aero.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a '99 9-5 I am parting out, the rear calipers are good, they are the newer style caliper don't know if this is what you're looking for but if it is let me know. Pads and rotors are going on my other car so I can't sell those

eEuroparts - LH Rear Brake Caliper - # 5058136R

This style ^

Thanks, Chip
I forgot to mention it was the ones from an 02+ Aero, so unfortunately yours won't work for what I'm trying to do. Thanks for the offer though.

·
10,303 Posts
Yeah, you want the 300mm rears. You can tell because the disks have what look like rail road tracks in between the hats and the friction surface.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Call elite.. he should have some...
I must have phrased it the wrong way, or the guy I talked to there was in a bad mood because they wanted $75 per caliper shipped. Would cost more for used parts than to just buy new at that point. I could buy reman ones for less than that once I got the core charge back. So I may go that route, or just keep looking. Thanks for the suggestion though.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I'm not sure how the eeuroparts core system works but wouldn't you have to be returning like model (but f'ed up) cores to get the charge back? So '03 9-5 plus calipers for new '03 plus calipers? Not '98 NG calipers? When I took the rusted out siezed rears off my '95 NG and swapped to the aeros there was a fairly huge difference in size...the old ones were puny...anyway, I suggested strandberg auto in your other thread, they've got them at 60 a side A grade from an '05 aero right now. If you need pads for them I've got mine lying around in the garage and would let 'em go cheap if you need them.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Not sure if you'll get your core charge back if sending back the wrong calipers.

At the time I did mine, I just bought the GS kit, because in the end it was only a little bit more for new parts. Although If I had found that $200 deal I would have went for that.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Holy sweet creamy baby jesus. Nick wants 573 for the whole kit...all new but still, that's a decent chunk of change over the $200 deal from Elite. I think someone at Elite screwed up that day...When I called them last summer they were significantly more expensive just for calipers...I think the best you might be able to do is these $60 a side calipers from Strandberg (should come with used pads?), $63 for Nick's lines, and you could go with these rotors...All of that would set you back about $280 without shipping...figure a little over $300 all together and you're set with enough coin to pick up a used DP and an intake probably.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not sure if you'll get your core charge back if sending back the wrong calipers.

At the time I did mine, I just bought the GS kit, because in the end it was only a little bit more for new parts. Although If I had found that $200 deal I would have went for that.
Damn, youre right. So I guess that nixes that idea. Glad you caught me on that.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Holy sweet creamy baby jesus. Nick wants 573 for the whole kit...all new but still, that's a decent chunk of change over the $200 deal from Elite. I think someone at Elite screwed up that day...When I called them last summer they were significantly more expensive just for calipers...I think the best you might be able to do is these $60 a side calipers from Strandberg (should come with used pads?), $63 for Nick's lines, and you could go with these rotors...All of that would set you back about $280 without shipping...figure a little over $300 all together and you're set with enough coin to pick up a used DP and an intake probably.
Those rotors in your link are front. I need rear ones.

·
Greek Mod
4,294,967,295 Posts
Which salvage yards did you check?
King George Auto Parts (VA)
1-800-847-4547

Foreign Car Parts - Yard #1 (MD)
1-866-214-2175

Wagner's Auto Salvage Inc. (NC)
1-919-544-1729

these three places quoted me at under $110 shipped for both rear calipers off an 03+ 9-5 aero

they'll ask you what wheel size and tell them 16" / 17" to indicate the aero brakes

·
10,303 Posts
My best advice on those rear brakes, are to ask the guy at the yard for the vin and run it to make sure it is the correct car.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts