Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it was a race from exit 6 to exit 5 on vt's i89. roughly 8 miles, at 135 it took about 3.5 minutes. slowed down the last 1/4 mile for the exit when the unmarked po po charger came up at about 120 to 130 no lights on.
needless to say there were no winners

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
naw i drove a half mile with him behind me with lights on pulled in a park n ride. it was comical. made the paper. he never got me with the radar so he lied and guesstimated i was going 115. we are all young and stupid at some point. those linears suspension are like a dream!!!!

·
Registered
978 Posts
This happened to me when I was dumb(er) and stupid(er) a few years back when I was driving in Mexico, but it was Caprice v Crown Vic.

I won.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
wasnt eleuding cause they were never behind me. happened last june. should have maintained speed. had less than a quarter mile to go and i would have vanished. but then there would be no life lesson. i told him my gas light was on and was trying to make it to the station. he said arent you supposed to go slow then. i said not in a turbo.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
It's been years since I lived there and wrote for the Freeps, but the staties were always very proud when they got someone doing 110 mph+. Really made their day. Guess things haven't changed.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
sounds to me like you should have maintained speed.
+2

It's worked a few times for me.... lol

Best view in the world is the cop flying over the overpass you just exited off of moments before :D (1987 9000 Turbo)

Worst view is when you see him fly past on the street you were just on and then look back up and see him hot on your ass. (1993 Geo Metro)

I hate NY -
Short and sweet speed limit +4 - no faster. I got nabbed 90 in a 65 on the brakes - I was pointed out and I knew I was F*cked.... To this day I have no idea how much that ticket is for :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.