Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It definitely goes, held its own against a GTO ( with exhaust) and a hemi charger ( pissed him off)

One of these days I will make a meet or something, then its like which one do I take, the LB Viggen convertible, my Hirsch clone or the fast 9-5 hmmm

·
Registered
879 Posts
I don't mean to dis or anything, but what the heck is going on with that power curve? That's what my stock Aero looks like (thought smaller) and I figure with a tuned ECU your power curve should be increasing until at least 5000. What's your boost curve look like?

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't mean to dis or anything, but what the heck is going on with that power curve? That's what my stock Aero looks like (thought smaller) and I figure with a tuned ECU your power curve should be increasing until at least 5000. What's your boost curve look like?
lack of turbo... the T28 is almost eacatly a TD0419T, it runs out of puff p there..

But this car is way streetable this way

I will post boost...

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
That is almost identical to the hp numbers and curves of my NG900 with a true "big" T28. It is a very good turbo but it definately starts running out of steam in the upper regions of the rpm range.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
That is almost identical to the hp numbers and curves of my NG900 with a true "big" T28. It is a very good turbo but it definately starts running out of steam in the upper regions of the rpm range.
Yup, flow for sure, this turbo ( a true Big T28 ) is heading for the Hirsch once I get the Injectors and IC in place, then this car is getting a GT3071r....

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
If it's a true big 28, it will make more power than that up top. What's the boost curve look like?

Is the car auto or manual?

D-
Sorry did not see the follow-up yes its a true Big T28, they usually show more on top on a 2.0 application ,I think the 2.3l needs more flow volume than it can deliver....

Remember too I am lower compression due to the 234 bottom and T7 top

Its a manual

gotta dig up boost sorry

·
Registered
293 Posts
Sorry did not see the follow-up yes its a true Big T28, they usually show more on top on a 2.0 application ,I think the 2.3l needs more flow volume than it can deliver....

Remember too I am lower compression due to the 234 bottom and T7 top

Its a manual

gotta dig up boost sorry
You might be able to get some more out of it with a stronger actuator. The T25 has a relatively large flapper which makes it susceptible to blowing open from the inside especially up top. The turbo can flow a solid 20+PSI to 6500 on a 2.0l (Mine is set to give 23 or a little better to 6500) I'm gonna finally hit a dyno Monday. We may find that I'm right in line with these numbers even with the higher boost but we'll see!

D-

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You might be able to get some more out of it with a stronger actuator. The T25 has a relatively large flapper which makes it susceptible to blowing open from the inside especially up top. The turbo can flow a solid 20+PSI to 6500 on a 2.0l (Mine is set to give 23 or a little better to 6500) I'm gonna finally hit a dyno Monday. We may find that I'm right in line with these numbers even with the higher boost but we'll see!

D-
I will look for the files, but boost is 25 at 3200 dropping to 21 at 6K in the cold

·
Registered
293 Posts
Check out the thread "Let me know what you think it will run" for my dyno plots. Your T28 definitely has some power left in it. I made 316whp and 350 wtq despite a massive exhaust manifold gasket leak that developed about twenty miles from the dyno facility on my way there!

There's no doubt in my mind that the turbo can flow enough air to make 330+whp as I've stated for years! That should be good news for you!

D-

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Check out the thread "Let me know what you think it will run" for my dyno plots. Your T28 definitely has some power left in it. I made 316whp and 350 wtq despite a massive exhaust manifold gasket leak that developed about twenty miles from the dyno facility on my way there!

There's no doubt in my mind that the turbo can flow enough air to make 330+whp as I've stated for years! That should be good news for you!

D-
On a 2.3? yes I have seen 2.0 wiht T28 regularly hit higher numbers, I jsut htink it does no have enough slow to fill the extra .3 and get everything moving... the tune already requires more fuel as well...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts