Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we took off from about a 25 roll, we tried to pass me, i didnt let him, so we got even and he went for it, i dicked around and kinda went for it, passed, him, let off it, he passed me, i passed him again, and he was on it the whole time, we raced to 80, pretty pitiful i must say, that i beat him, but it was fun anyway

·
Registered
461 Posts
damn :shock: I would say. There is a camaro here I tried to race because I could tell he had work done to it. Lets just say from a 40 mph roll he kicked my ass. Car must have been pushin 390 hp at least. A stock one though I could handle I bet.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
so this "hooked up" camaro - V6 or SS? The base V8's aren't much to talk about - the V6's my VW used to give a scare, nothing under the hood in that case - the only Camaro's STOCK that give a lightly tuned Saab any sort of "challenge" are the SS's - those have some spunk and SHOULD beat most Saab's - if not by a little :lol:

·
Registered
745 Posts
...Nice .....

I used to own one of those Z28 Camaro's...a 94, and they seem pretty heavy compared to a SAAB. But they came with 285 at the time...that SS is about 305 +- 20, but still heavy....

I've pulled on a Z28 Camaro a couple times.., kept thinking it had to be his driving. But now I'm a target in the area...even had a Corvette Z06 demonstrate his ability next to me...but I kept looking ahead like I didn't notice he was revving engine and smoking his tires in the lane next to me. I punked out because my girl was with me at the time. I'm sure he would have roasted me though.

I used to research the hp/weight ratio of cars I thought would be nice to go head to head with. When you figure NG900 hp/torque specs, and weight of about 3100 to 3200 or so....it get's easier to believe in the capability to pull on one with enough mods for only 250 - 270, and mainly because of torque.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Z28 are pretty quick.. my car stock couldnt run with my friends z28.. but now i've got him handily

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it was like an early 90's, i bet it was the V6, cause it was a joke, but he def had an exhaust and the cocky ricer attitude

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
yeah my buddy has a '94 z28 with intake and exhaust...he drives my car and says "dude brent you could easily smoke me"...but his car is outa commition right now as hes in LBC

·
Registered
473 Posts
b dash rian said:
it was like an early 90's, i bet it was the V6, cause it was a joke, but he def had an exhaust and the cocky ricer attitude
might have been a 305 V8 friends got one its a dog, i can beat him stock and i smoke him with my boost controller. hes only got a headerback and maybe a shiftkit, i think thats it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
i guarantee it was a v6.. those things are a flat out joke.. no offense ginzo, but a 305hp 'maro with exhaust and shift kit should handle you quite easily

·
Registered
140 Posts
3.8's are a joke..

·
7,595 Posts
saab4life said:
3.8's are a joke..
you forget that the 81- 89's standard engine was the 2.5 liter "iron duke" 4 cyl. 92 HP.... that makes the 160 HP 3.8 look like a powerhouse :lol:

btw, the later model 3.8 camaros were 200 hp, and really were not that slow. will hang within a few carlengths of an n/a supra.

an stock NG-900 turbo could probably hang with any of thew V6 models, and dust off an iron duke like it was standing still. the V8's though...... any model with the 5.7L V8 would dust off a stock NG-900 like IT was standing still. now if you were pushing 20 PSI, it would be another matter :twisted:

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
I can say that my buddies 1999 SS camaro with cat back and an intake system laid down 12.95 on slicks and 13.55 on street tires in Palmdale. THe ss is crazy fast but the normal V-8 Camaro and the 4.6 Litre Mustang are really easily handled in most cases. If you are ever in Orange look out for a single exhaust white camaro its like a 97-99 with the orange stripes down the center. It is a V-6 with a single turbo setup that I saw run 11.66 at Palmdale with the A/C on. It is just great to see the look on the guys face when you beat his ego boosting V-8!!!!

·
7,595 Posts
2k193turbo said:
I live in fear of old 2.8 V-6 Camaros and Firebirds. :lol:
you mean the "berlinettas" I may have spelled that wrong :lol: yeah a 128 HP 2.8 liver V6 in a 3300lb car... I think even a 2.0 900-S would dust one of those off :lol: but even better was that 2.5 model. it's a wonder that those could even get up hills at all

·
Registered
616 Posts
Technically my first car was a 1986 2.8 V6 firebird although I only drove it about 20 feet (from the driveway into the garage.

My brother gave it to me. Needless to say it was a rusty piece of crap.

The front clip of the car was taken off an 85 with the 4 cylinder, and the oil pan was rusted all the way through.

My brother and I gave it to a kid in trade for a home stereo receiver and a couple days of help landscaping my Mom’s yard.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts