Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am going to make a custom blinker for the right side of my car which will have a pretty large opening to shoot air right to my BSR filter. I want something to fit into the bracket still just so it doesnt look totally wierd, and i figure theres a lot of 900's or possibly 9-3's i could find at the junk yard and take a blinker off of. If i remove the blinker, there is a reasonably large opening that goes right to my filter and i figure if i want to go down to the city or just have fun in my car when i know it wont rain or something i can just swap out the regular turn signal for the open one to feed air to my filter. The colder air should add a few ponies and even if it doesnt add much im sure it couldnt be bad to get a little more cold air flowing through the engine compartment. i got this idea cause i always see ricers with their whole headlight out. It seems logical and i feel if i can do it and make it look clean, then it shouldnt be too ricey :wink: I will post some pictures of what i mean to do.....and also if i follow through with it i will post what i come up with. Anyone know good junkyards in the philadelphia area?????preferably around ardmore but anywhere in the area is good.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i would love some ideas, please share your opinion if you feel this will not work or be worth it.

·
10,303 Posts
I was thinking of something similar for my intercooler. Drilling small 1 inch or so holes in my future bumper, and sliding in film canisters with the bottoms cut out, kind of give it a finished look.

Give me an idea of about how big the hole needs to be, and how good you are with a heat gun. (I personally suck)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry dialup :cry:

i just need to find a used turn signal unit and i can cut it up and place it in there when i want to use it. i would probably plug in that second plug to the turn signal unit and i dont know what i would do with the first one yet, i guess just secure it in the engine compartment somewhere.....

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry the type on the images isnt that great....1st image is just how i feel it should look when im finished....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts