Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay.. for anyone out there that has done audio upgrades I need your help!
I have searched several sites and still have a few questions. First off, I have a '99 9-3 SE, with the extra AS3 amplifier and speakers in the doors. One of the door speakers is blown, so I needed to replace those at a minimum.

I have purchased the following speakers on advice from various sources: Infinity Kappa 60.5cs component set, MB Quart DKC108 3.5" coax, and DKC 169 6x9"s for the rear.

My main question is concerning the kickpanel amp. I have heard that it only sends low frequences to the door woofers (<150hz?). Is this low-pass filter built into the amplifier? Or is it in the line somewhere? Most importantly, is it adjustable or removable? I assume the factory 12 w. isn't enough to power the components up front, and i'd love to use the extra amp to drive them if possible. If not, are there ANY amplifiers out there which will fit into the factory kickpanel location? I don't want to replace the head unit, and i'd really like to keep the install clean and stock looking.

If I replaced the dash+rear speaks with the mb quarts, could I use just the woofers from the 60.5cs in replace of the door midbass speakers? Or would they not sound good with such low frequencies?

Thanks in advance!

·
Administrator
302 Posts
I think the kickpanel amp is more than 12Watts, and should be able to do MBQ too. Usually, the better the speaker, the easier it is for the amp. The filter is not on the amp, and not on the cable so assume it´s in the main unit, it sure would be the easiest way. Regarding switching speakers in the doors, make sure that the new ones aren´t too deep, as you won´t be able to pull down the windows!

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Im going to move this to the Audio section ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts