Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have lost the use of my AM stations. The dealer has told me that the spring loaded clip on the antenna cable that attaches to the booster at the rear of the vehicle is broken. The cable is < $76 but the labor is $600 to install.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram of the antenna booster / antenna cable configuration and where it is located on a 2004 9-3 arc? Any help would be apprecitated.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
The antenna runs under the carpet and is bundled with the main body harness up to the front of the car (can't remember if it goes down the center tunnel or up the driver's side door sills), then splits off around the back of the dash. Probably the quote is that high because they are assuming having to pull up lots of carpet and the dash to get to where it's routed. It's pretty buried in there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Drew:

Thank you for your quick response. If I understand this cable correctly it is a coax cable with a special end at the booster. Shouldn't one just be able to put a new end on the cable or for that matter purchase a new cable and splice the new end onto the existing cable?

Thanks again for your help.

DMB

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
I imagine you could, but whether the dealer service department would be willing to do that is up to them.

If you had come into my shop and asked me to try splicing the end off another cable I'd probably be willing to try it, but with no guarantee on performance. That amplified signal cable is shielded and the spliced portion might pick up more interference and hurt signal quality, although the difference would probably be negligible.

If it were me I'd probably go the route of trying to splice on an end, but that's just me.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
If the clip is just broken, I'd imagine you could rig something up to hold the cable in place.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
The coaxial connector ends are GM/Cadillac/GMC connectors, not SAAB, a stereo install place might be able to help out too.

Now I'm too curious - do you actually listen to your AM band anyway?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts