Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so a couple of months ago my buddy picked up a 9-2x aero 5 spd, full 3" turboback intake and a tune, something like 300 awhp.

I asked if I could take it for a spin, and he didn't hesitate to toss me the keys. I headed down one of the local back roads and proceeded to put the hammer down. at 120mph I realized there was a trooper sitting on the side of the road :th_salute: I considered stopping, but at 3x the speed limit, no thanks.

passed him at 130mph, and he gave chase. I tried to be smart about it, I made 4 left hand turns and came back down the road i passed him on, then I made a right and went in the opposite direction he had followed me in.
ran out to my buddy's house a couple towns away and parked the car.

got away free and clear

when I got out of the car, my friend let me know. "good thing we didn't get pulled over, I'm driving on Cody's (our buddy) dealer plate. That would have been bad news.

until 3 weeks later, the trooper spotted the car and talked to the owner, was asking a couple other people if they knew anything. a couple of weeks later, I get a phone call. "this is Trooper ... can you come see me at the town hall after you get out of work?" "Yeah, no problem"

so I went and talked to the trooper, with my tail between my legs. I confessed that it was me driving, and I ran because "I didn't see you cahsing me" and I told him I had no idea how fast I was going. but I knew damn well. he says he's gonna let me off easy, but I'm still gonna get a ticket.

another week goes by and I get a ticket in the mail. 79 in a 45, 29 miles over. FUCK that's a bad ticket, but it's better than 130 in a 45 I guess.

I finally went to court, the town prosecutor knows my dad. sweet.
two points and a parking ticket she says.

I go in to see the judge, I notice him changing what she wrote. oh shit.
two parking tickets, $25 each.

:) it cost me $50 and a few gray hairs.

and oh yeah, my dad was once the town supervisor. the current town justice, my dad appointed.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
at first john was like

when he saw the cop

then the cop called

and when john got his final ticket

ispendwaytoomuchtimeontheinternet

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had the biggest smile on my face when I walked out of that court room. 130 in a 45, ran from the police, and got a $50 fine. that's a slap on the wrist compared to what could have happened.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
hey dumbfuck.....what in the living F U C K do you think you are doing driving 130mph in a friggin 45 mph zone.

Way to come on here and brag about how cool you are that you got away, and how lucky you are that you got a slap on the wrist.

130 with someone elses car on a dealer plate, in a 45 zone, eluding the cops. Way to go jackwad. I don't wish pain on anybody, but seriously dude.....go buy a fucking smart car or bicycle to slow your ass down.

Easily the fucking dumbest post I have ever seen on the internet.

"Um maam....I killed your kid because I was thought I was driving on a NASCAR track. That's why I was driving like a fucknugget."

·
Registered
859 Posts
You guys need to cheer up. If the roads are empty and he has a long safe stretch WHO GIVES A FUCK. foreeel

·
7,595 Posts
It sounds like a fair deal, but your mistake was going down to the police station to "talk" to the cop, you had no reasonable reason to do this, and he managed to get a confession out of you when you went down there. If you simply didn't go, he would have had no further recourse.

Shame you didn't get going even faster ;) I don't advocate it, but when you are already going at a rate that is higher than the Maximum speed of a Crown Victoria when you see one pulling out, well... even if you simply maintained speed, he isn't catching up. At that point are you running or just still driving? Better make that second right though, and a left then right then left.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i had a friend talk to one of his lawyer friends and I was told that if I didn't confess and the trooper could get someone to testify against me, I would have been really fucked.
I wasn't sure how big of an ass this cop was, so I figured cooperation and honesty was the best thing to do.

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
so a couple of months ago my buddy picked up a 9-2x aero 5 spd, full 3" turboback intake and a tune, something like 300 awhp.

I asked if I could take it for a spin, and he didn't hesitate to toss me the keys. I headed down one of the local back roads and proceeded to put the hammer down. at 120mph I realized there was a trooper sitting on the side of the road :th_salute: I considered stopping, but at 3x the speed limit, no thanks.

passed him at 130mph, and he gave chase. I tried to be smart about it, I made 4 left hand turns and came back down the road i passed him on, then I made a right and went in the opposite direction he had followed me in.
ran out to my buddy's house a couple towns away and parked the car.

got away free and clear

when I got out of the car, my friend let me know. "good thing we didn't get pulled over, I'm driving on Cody's (our buddy) dealer plate. That would have been bad news.

until 3 weeks later, the trooper spotted the car and talked to the owner, was asking a couple other people if they knew anything. a couple of weeks later, I get a phone call. "this is Trooper ... can you come see me at the town hall after you get out of work?" "Yeah, no problem"

so I went and talked to the trooper, with my tail between my legs. I confessed that it was me driving, and I ran because "I didn't see you cahsing me" and I told him I had no idea how fast I was going. but I knew damn well. he says he's gonna let me off easy, but I'm still gonna get a ticket.

another week goes by and I get a ticket in the mail. 79 in a 45, 29 miles over. FUCK that's a bad ticket, but it's better than 130 in a 45 I guess.

I finally went to court, the town prosecutor knows my dad. sweet.
two points and a parking ticket she says.

I go in to see the judge, I notice him changing what she wrote. oh shit.
two parking tickets, $25 each.

:) it cost me $50 and a few gray hairs.

and oh yeah, my dad was once the town supervisor. the current town justice, my dad appointed.
Sensational allegory kinsperson!

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
You are very lucky!! I still wouldn't have came in to see the cop.

I ran a few times back in high school. Never got caught. Guess I was lucky too.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts