Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have to head back home to Portland. I was suppose to leave on Friday the 2nd. I will now be leaving at 8:00pm on Tuesday the 30th. I-5 was shut down in Northern California today because of a blizzad. It suppose to snow really hard on the 1st and continue all weekend long. So I only have a small window to travel back home in.

I will see how the Pirelli P-Zero Nero M/S will handle. There will probably still be snow on the freeway when I go through the summits. I think the ESP and the M/S tires will make my ride a little less scary.

I just bought a six pack of Red Bull. That stuff taste and smells like cough syrup. It kept me awake for 36 hours on the ride down. I only had 4 for the 15 hour non-stop trip. :shock:

·
Registered
55 Posts
be careful with the Red-Bull stuff, they are trying to remove it from the market in Europe as it increases your hart rate and it can be leathal in big doses....but it makes your Vodka taste like sweeeet sweeeeet sweeeeet :lol:

·
Registered
55 Posts
But you need to stop posting pics on thoose 18 inch rims of yours...it can only end with me upgrading my rims aswell.

So stop posting thoose pics and start running around saying Gday mate up for some BBQ and smear Vegemite on your toast :lol:

And to stay on topic, I drove 450 km thru a snow blizzard last week with winds up to 150km/h and I was the fastest car on the road without pushing the limits.

I think the car handles excellent on snow and mushy roads and it's not far from an Audio Quattro in terms of traction quality during the winter.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have found my car to be decent in the inclimate conditions, rain and monsoons, hell no problem, snow with 17's and sport suspension, just better not be more then a few inches or she starts getting gummed up underneath with snow etc, and the sport tires do not help.

Red bull... eeek i drank 2 of them, i dont thnink i noticed any energy and didnt care for the taste, almost tasted like a bunch of crushed up "smarties" candies... then it upset my stomach, since then i have not really been much on the energy drinks. If i need to ill have a Code Red or Dew, as to I do not drink coffee.

·
Registered
7 Posts
We just got dumped with 2 ft of snow here in British Columbia, Canada. Where I live, up on a 1,000 ft plateau, the road is pretty steep up (45 degrees and curvy). It was snowing and sleet was building up on the road. Initially I made it up 3/4 way of the hill road, then suddenly the tractio control kicked in, power was reduced signficantly, and the car was crawling up the road at 5 km/hr, and it then stopped moving up, but stayed straight. I decided then it would not make up the hill, reversed and went back down half way and parked at a friend's driveway, got a ride from his SUV to my house at the top of the plateau. I was starting to miss my 2002 Infiniti QX4 which I traded in for the 9-3 SS. I don't think if I had 17" all seasons high performance, it would have made any difference going up the slippery hill road.

On level snowed out slippery roads, the 17" Rossos were not an issue, the ABS kicked in and enabled stable stops and the traction control was a good aid. But let's not kid ourselves, there is only so much traction control systems can do, without the right drivetrain (AWD) and right tires. What I needed were dedicated snow tires like the Blizzaks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts