Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
tell him youve seen an 85 spg imported from sweeden the first spg off the line in trollhaton(sp) given away by the president of the plant.....i saw it in person! going for $3k..almost baught it

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
well i dunno, even if you forget the fact that if its a true 900 aero (wich is a europe only model like he says) its extremely rare. if you consider the value of the parts alone: wale tail, real airflow kit, #8 primary gears (never offered in the states allows for 160+mph top speed assuming enough HP and damn near impossible to get into the states) those aero wheels can go for big money, as well as the silly decor panel.....crap starts to add up.

and the simple fact is that spg's are getting more and more valuable as they get rarer and rarer, so an aero wich is 100x rarer....well you get the picture.

i tell ya tho, i wouldnt pay that much for it :roll: .

Paul

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
PaulH said:
i tell ya tho, i wouldnt pay that much for it :roll: .

Paul
Exactly - that's a $7,000 car tops - and that's if it was a 10 outta 10 - I don't care who you care - no car should maintain such a high value because some guy wanted to spend extra G's years ago to be the top boaster.... yes it's really neat and really rare if it's a true car - and I don't doubt it - but $9700 - get real. Only an Insane person would buy that - I know a few who would but they have gone into bankqrupt a few times now and never seem to have money but always owe it.... That's the sorta nut job who'd consider paying that for that car.... sorry guys.

·
7,595 Posts
very little. same suspension as far as I'm aware asside from higher rate springs (same ride height), the aero came with a redbox APC as well- holds probably 2 PSI more than a stock APC. all aeros also came with a whale tale. the rear valance and the "airflow" I don't know if the aeros got that from the factory or if it was aftermarket... either way not worth all that extra money in my opinion.

·
Registered
88 Posts
DeLorean said:
IMO, a "good" condition SPG is worth $2200, excellent, maybe $3000-3500. 6000 is just flat out insane....
Definitely agreed. And I do think that TSN is too inflated because people think they are catering to Saab enthusiasts who know the value of these cars better than anyone else. But still... Go to some classified ad and you'll see a similar car for a lot cheaper. I wouldn't pay more than 3000 to 3500 for the car of this age/generation anyhow, no matter how much I like them :)

·
Registered
299 Posts
heres the add for those who are banned: :)
Color: Silver Trans: Manual Mileage: 87,000 Price: $9700
This car is the definitive performance Saab. 200 hp in its STOCK configuration Effortlessly out accelerating out cornering and out braking ANY SPG. Pure joy to drive. None of this model was imported by Saab USA. They were only available for European delivery. This is your opportunity to own a great motoring machine. Superbly maintained with EVERY RECORD in chronological order including its Diplomatic Passport from Sweden. Recent brakes, almost new (75%) Michelin Pilots on the best set of 16in 3 spoke Aero rims around. New Kenwood Sound system for the audiophile. Mechanically it needs nothing. Interior is a 9 out of 10. All paint is in very good condition. Rust and accident free. VIN YS3AL35OK3021716
Email: Click Here
Phone: (503) 740-2130

ive seen that dealer put up other ones they are allways rediculiously overpriced :shock:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Its a dealer, go figure. I think the car is amazing but $9800 amazing, no way. If the guy wouldnt seriously consider 3k then he will have that car on his lot till the bottom rusts out. Blue Book lists it at 2800 so tack on another 1k max, because it is rare and in such good condition.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
That thing is beautiful! I absolutely love the old classic 900s, my father used to own one when I was a kid and that's what started my Saab craving :D I plan to get one someday, black with the rear window louvers thingies I love that look...

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
.200 hp in its STOCK configuration Effortlessly out accelerating out cornering and out braking ANY SPG.
forgot to mention that this whole line is entirely inaccurate, first off like delorean said the aeros have the redbox APC wich is rated at 185hp..wich in my book isnt 200hp :roll: .

and as for the outbreaking....well they had the same brakes as the SPG so i cant think of how it could brake any better or worse than an spg...in reality with the heavier wheels it would stop slightly slower not faster :roll: .

and yeah..still too much money :lol: .

Paul

1 - 15 of 15 Posts