Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently whoever owned my car before me was really, really bad at parking... and the marks on my bumpers are starting to irritate me more and more (detracts from my remarkably good original paint job). I want to take them off so that i can bondo/ spray em but am not quite sure how to get either off. Are they just covers? Has anyone done this before? Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated...
Logan

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
yes - they are just skins/covers over the bumper/foam. There are a bunch of 8 or 10 mm bolts that all hold it on with rails. Bumper comes off by two big bolts - (remove headlights and grill to remove bumper) and then once bumper is off it's about a 30 minute job of swapping the skins - unless you have a power tool - which I didn't at the time... I got my skin/bumper from a yard for about $10 - usually plan on about $25 from a U-pull it. If you were close enough to pick it up I'd be happy to pull you one - but I do not have time to deal with shipping something that large. :roll: Good Luck!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking rather then swapping the skins I would just paint them to match they body of the car. My car is a nice deep black color, and it seems kind of odd to have discolored faded grey bumper skins. I cannot see any reason why sanding and painting them would not work.. Does seperating the skin from the frame damage it? Please let me know if I am mistaken.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts