Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I managed to break my AMM, and obviously it doesn't idle well.

When driving it now, when I give it gas in 2nd gear, it builds boost, but does not accelerate. When I let off the gas, I hear compressor surge. I replaced all the vacuum lines, including the one on the BPV. I replaced the spark plugs with Bosch platinums and the wires with BWD super mags. Maybe its a bad ignition setup?

EDIT: Engine light is on, I'll get it read tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
well, have you replaced the AMM yet? and has all this happened since the AMM failure?

could be a fuel pump, they do funny things when they fail

·
7,595 Posts
It is doing this because you have a broken or disconnected mass air flow meter. The car is in LHM, and this is just about the only to get an LH 2.2 car to have a CEL.

You should replace your air flow meter as step 1, there is no way a car will run properly like this, regardless of any other issues it has.

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
Why would you bother having the code read, and who would you have read it? It isn't something you can take to autozone to have read. The car isn't even close to OBD2 compliant. And like DeLorean said, these cars won't run right at all with a bad AMM, so you already know what's wrong ;)

If you want an AMM, I think I might have one in the garage, $20 and its yours, as long as it works.

If not, Palmer might too.

Like this, but used, not rebuilt
eEuroparts - Air Mass Meter (rebuilt) - # 8818296R

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tried 1st AMM, did not start
Tried 2nd AMM, did not start
Tried 3rd AMM, started and boosted perfectly

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Unfortunately the AMM that worked was the one in my friends 85 900.

·
7,595 Posts
well buy a rebuilt one off eeuroparts or PM Me or JK, - I have working ones. or just buy a rebuilt one from eeuroparts.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think its the bad idle and LHM. Misfires under boost etc. I can drive it just fine if the gauge does not hit yellow.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I don't want to make a seperate WTB thread, I need a WORKING AMM asap. Part number 280-212-005

1 - 19 of 19 Posts