Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i finally got out from under the hood of the car for a few minutes and took some pics:D

the car is a 1986 900T with a very rare AIRFLOW kit, when i first saw the car, i was in love(but it was 750 miles away!)!! i started talking crap about how i wanted it, and how i was gonna drive to get it blah blah blah... i do that like once a week haha. but this time i made the plunge.. basically the decision was made when my g/f said to me "lets just go, its not THAT far" SWEET!!

so loooong story short, the trip SUCKED. what was supposed to be a drive down and back in 2 "easy"days ended up taking 3 horror filled traffic days !

but when i got there and drove the car it was well worth it..
it does need some work tho.i have started by cleaning the hell out of the engine bay and replacing all the hoses with silicone.... major tune up and a clutch master cyl are the top on the list... possibly a brake master cyl as well.. other than that everything is smooth.. no grinds, knocks etc. h/g and timing chain where done like 10k ago, as well as all new pads rotors a few calipers.

--anyway this is where i will cover my journey with my new(to me) 900 turbo!!

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Great find.

Have fun with it.

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
Oh excellent. Love the white c900s, love flat front c900s, love airflows, and love the colorado red. I can see why you would have fallen in love with this one. Stellar car!

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Car looks great! Glad someone here bought it. FYI - hoses are not routed to spec and a few of yours look like they have some tension on them (too short) - that aside the engine bay looks as good as the rest of the car! Any plans to remove the bosch lamps and look for correct ones for the airflow kit? I'm not liking the mounting location of those bosch lamps - perhaps if they were round hella's they would look better there.

Great buy! I hope to see this car @ Carlisle next year - please bring it down for Carilsle if you are able to attend. I'd love to see a 1986 Saab photo group next year :)

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the only hose thats a little tight is the vac. advance.. and the charcoal canister was routed slightly different.

i took the lamps off the bumper last night and started to mount them into the original holes.. got one to fit perfectly.. the other shouldnt be a problem:cool:

it looks 1,000,000 times better! and as for finding any oem peices for the airflow kit.. prolly not gonna happen. i cant even find another picture of one on the net haha

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
it looks 1,000,000 times better! and as for finding any oem peices for the airflow kit.. prolly not gonna happen. i cant even find another picture of one on the net haha
You just aren't looking hard enough :)
Page 21 - I took a bunch of a RARE one from SOC 2005 in VT
http://genuinesaab.com/gallery/soc05

Hope this helps :)

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
something i dont know about those headlights a nd that wing??? oem or aftermarket??

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
H4's and Custom Duck Tail

something i dont know about those headlights a nd that wing??? oem or aftermarket??
Headlights are OEM Euro lights aka - H4 lamps. Great euro upgrade if you like seeing at night :)

The spoiler was a "bad whale tail" and he removed all of the rotted foam from the outside and cleaned up the main section and painted it. So it's a factory fit spoiler - and a good use of a "worthless" whale tail - you could make one for under $200 prolly. It worked well on that car - definitely different. Gives the c900 a duck tail spoiler look.

Delorean's 86' notchback with ECODES (h4) lights with custom HID's installed and Hella's over bumper;

Perry's notchback airflow;

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i dont think anyone has ever sat in the pass or rear seat in this car.. the drivers seat could use a little dye, but overall the best c.red leater seats i have personnally seen.. all are still plush. not flattened like alot of them.

any rec. on seat dye??

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Looks like an awesome project. For what you paid, it was a no-brainer deal. The white/black/red combo is hard to beat. If it were my car, the only thing I'd do other than rust proofing/cleaning/etc is ditch the wheels. I'd start by swapping in later 900/9000 parts and go for the aero or super aero. 1987 and older 900's don't have many wheel options as the bolt pattern is different from later models. Good luck!

1 - 20 of 141 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.