·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't care for the bodywork, but that thing is cookin'

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
The thing looks like its AWD.....dirt spitting out from behind the rear tires, sweet drifts, etc.

EDIT: Burns.......Its the red Viggen with a mad triangle nose bodywork job on the front. Ugly as the day is long, but it hauls A.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
It is AWD. Full Prodrive 6-speed with active programmable front, center, and rear diffs.

The turned the B204 into a longitudinal configuration for this car. I think it does 0-60 in 2.5 seconds or something like that.

He ran it the year before without all the aero stuff on the front/rear. The aero stuff really helped him drop his times though, so although it's ugly, it was functional.

·
Super Moderator
10,065 Posts
Yep - that's the one! It's a 2002 9-3 Viggen

Technical specifications of Per Eklund's Pikes Peak Saab 9-3 Viggen

Engine: Original Saab engine block and cylinder head. Engine tuned by Trollspeed of Trollhättan, Sweden. Longitudinally mounted, four-cylinder, 16-valve with twin overhead camshafts
Garrett turbocharger with intercooler (3.0 bar or 42.8 psi at sea level)
Displacement: 2.0 liters
Bore/stroke: 92/77 mm
Compression ratio: 9.0:1
HP Rating: 750 HP at 8,000 rpm
Peak torque: 545 lb.-ft. at 6,500 rpm
Transmission: Four-wheel drive with programmable active differentials and six-speed Prodrive gearbox
Weight: 2,090 lbs.
0 - 60 mph: 2.3 seconds
Top speed: 155 mph
http://www.trollhattansaab.net/archives/2006/04/pikes_peak_2002.html

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
If I recall it was 50 something PSI of boost & it imploded the air filer

It was saab's rallycross car modified to pikes peak car.

If I recall the wings drastically helped getting traction however they didn't realize untill the race how much air it kept away from the brakes....

wasn't it at one of the SOC's?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.