Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 9-3 for $800 with a snapped serp belt. AC seized up so I put a short belt on it and away I went. Its got a couple of issues I just havent had time to get to yet, maybe someone can shine some light on them. I've got a left to right wobble in the steering wheel that happens on and off (strut mount, tie rod, bearing), I have no idea yet. My power door locks dont work, even with the switch on the center counsel. Theres probably more but all in all I am very happy with the car. Any pointers for inexpensive mods for hp and/or gas mileage? Hopefully someone responds here, nobody responded at saabforums. I guess we'll wait and see.

You gotta find a good forum for every car you have! Its state law.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Welcome!
Sounds like you got a good deal on your 9-3! You will for surely find an answer to many of your questions as there is alot of well experienced saab gear-heads here. Im still learning the 'saab ropes', but i would have to say you wobble could very well be a bad tie rod/joint.
Also, pictures of your car is a must around here!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, i'll be getting some pics up soon. i haven't even had a chance to wash it yet. im going to take a look at the suspension tomorrow. any good places for parts?

p.s. thanks for the responses....

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Welcome!

I've got no experience with the next-gen SAABs but I'm sure you'll get plenty of diagnostics/help from 9-3 owners here. You've come to the right place.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the greetings! I found out that I had a bent rim, after I got a flat, and after getting that fixed I have no more wobble. still dont know about the locks. everything makes noise but doesnt open it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts